B5 A4 power consumption while sleeping

Interface and features

Все вопросы о внешнем виде и функциях ColorMFA
All questions about the appearance and functions of ColorMFA
amdisthebest

Post  26 May 2024, 08:42

Hello all,

I’ve had a parasitic drain on my battery for quite some time in my B5 A4 and I’ve isolated this to the instrument cluster fuse. Of course, my car has a ColorMFA as well. I’ve seen in a few of the firmware updates mention that a power consumption issue has been addressed on certain cars. Was the B5 included in this fix or maybe it hasn’t been seen in a B5 before?

I am currently on the latest 2.9.4_b43 firmware.

Here’s a video of what I’m measuring for current draw while the car is sleeping. It pulses up and down. https://youtube.com/shorts/jHOy6psMfXs? ... hiKa0lvqw9

Thank you,
Nick
autopilot

Post  26 May 2024, 18:21

Any changes in the firmware work for all cars unless otherwise specified.

The video doesn't really look like normal ColorMFA behavior on A4B5.
Under what conditions was the video made? Are all doors/hood closed and the car is armed (locked with a standard key fob or key)?

Turn on the ignition.
Go to the hidden menu and enable the NoSleep (Debug->Software->Forcing->NoSleep) option.
Go to the CAN monitor (menu->System->CAN monitor), select only Comfort CAN, select Show.
Turn off the ignition (the screen will remain active).
Lock the car in the normal manner (close the doors and arm the car).
Take a video of the data on the CAN monitor screen. Post this video here.
During normal operation, some time after closing the car (from 5 to 40 seconds), the last column with data on the screen should turn gray and the data will stop changing. After this, the data should not change while the car is closed.

After you make the video, do not forget to open the car, turn on the ignition and disable the NoSleep option.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)