ColorMFA on Audi A3 8P

Interface and features

Все вопросы о внешнем виде и функциях ColorMFA
All questions about the appearance and functions of ColorMFA
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  11 ноя 2022, 22:20

after changing the setting to canbus+
Do not select "CAN-bus+" if your motor ECU is not adopted for this mode. Need select "CAN-bus" (w/o "+") for typical motor ECU.
won’t read any module at diagnosis
What options are enabled in Debug->Diagnostics->Protocols ?
What protocol is used when connecting with a diag.tools (VCDS) ?
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
AlexRzn

Сообщение  17 ноя 2022, 19:45

Hello again! Managed to read some of the modules after setting can tp20 and diag gw. I can’t read engine or airbags for example , those use uds protocol, also can’t read cluster or immo and those use can protocol but i can read abs, Doors, steering wheel, central electrics. Any idea?
Вложения
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  17 ноя 2022, 19:49

Protocol: UDS
ColorMFA does not support UDS. :(
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
DjDvr

Сообщение  17 ноя 2022, 20:36

autopilot писал(а):
17 ноя 2022, 19:49
Protocol: UDS
ColorMFA does not support UDS. :(

:( no plans to support it ?
I was looking forward to continue working on this and eventually also show ACC and TPMS high on it , but this will need BAP and UDS support :(
A3 8P 1.9Tdi BKC
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  21 ноя 2022, 06:18

About BAP:
It is a protocol that defines the order in which data is transmitted. And only this. For each device, the transfer of the data itself is very different. For navigation, there is their own data, for radio/sd/cd their own, etc. In addition, there are different versions of devices with different protocol versions. Currently, ColorMFA understands parking sensors, rear view cameras, navigation and audio data with version 3 protocols. If you need to add support for another device, then you need either a description of the operation of the protocol of this particular device, or got detailed logs and figure it out yourself.

About UDS:
I'm not sure that full support for this protocol will appear in the near future. The basic functionality (connection, getting data about the device number, encodings, parameters, reading and erasing error codes, reading measurements, etc.) has been implemented in ColorMFA more than two years ago.
But this is not enough. VAG companies decided to make some of the data hidden from outsiders. Therefore, for example, most of the ECUs when reading errors give out their internal error code and in order to find out what kind of code it is in reality, you need to have a correspondence table of the received code and the one that needs to be displayed to the user on the screen. For different devices, these lookup tables are different. In the same way, everything happens with the reading of measurements (there is no more group reading of data in this protocol).
Unfortunately, I do not yet have the necessary data for a full-fledged implementation of the UDS protocol.
DjDvr

Сообщение  21 ноя 2022, 11:47

autopilot писал(а):
21 ноя 2022, 06:18
About BAP:
It is a protocol that defines the order in which data is transmitted. And only this. For each device, the transfer of the data itself is very different. For navigation, there is their own data, for radio/sd/cd their own, etc. In addition, there are different versions of devices with different protocol versions. Currently, ColorMFA understands parking sensors, rear view cameras, navigation and audio data with version 3 protocols. If you need to add support for another device, then you need either a description of the operation of the protocol of this particular device, or got detailed logs and figure it out yourself.

About UDS:
I'm not sure that full support for this protocol will appear in the near future. The basic functionality (connection, getting data about the device number, encodings, parameters, reading and erasing error codes, reading measurements, etc.) has been implemented in ColorMFA more than two years ago.
But this is not enough. VAG companies decided to make some of the data hidden from outsiders. Therefore, for example, most of the ECUs when reading errors give out their internal error code and in order to find out what kind of code it is in reality, you need to have a correspondence table of the received code and the one that needs to be displayed to the user on the screen. For different devices, these lookup tables are different. In the same way, everything happens with the reading of measurements (there is no more group reading of data in this protocol).
Unfortunately, I do not yet have the necessary data for a full-fledged implementation of the UDS protocol.
Thank you for the detailed information.
I think I will finish the implementation of tpms and acc with a VW cluster on the A3 and maybe we can work together to integrate it in to colorMFA, I really love the A3 cluster and do not want to move the VW in case I make it work with colormfa.
Let's how this will go and when we can order new colormfa , I still have 1 not installed :) and if you have the time to work on this next year it would be awsome, I offer to help everywhere I can.

Cheers,
A3 8P 1.9Tdi BKC
Danilo89

Сообщение  11 янв 2024, 16:48

bsdnikolov писал(а):
31 окт 2019, 23:54
Finally, I started the "Color MFA for Audi A3 8P" project. Many thanks for the prompt delivery of DirtyliMe. Now, the display is here and the work on the project has begun.
I purchased the Color MFA with firmware for the Audi B6/B7. It is closest to the Audi A3 8P.
The first thing I did was an adapter. At 8P, CAN communication was taken over by the external CAN Gateway. With a hand made adapter, I brought the signals from CAN Drivetrain, CAN Convenience and CAN Infotainment to the Color MFA from there. From there I also brought out Terminal 15 as it is not present on the dashboard.
Since I still can't mount the dashboard display (image must be rotated 180 degrees ), I also had to make a blue 32 pin dash adapter on the dashboard and mount the Color MFA on a training board. In this way, I give myself the opportunity to dismantle the Color MFA at any time.

Изображение

Изображение

Here's my scheme for connecting Color MFAs to adapters:

Изображение

Here are the results of the first launch of the Color MFA at Audi 8PA:
- The display started and immediately displayed the first error:
Изображение
An expected mistake, they predict that on the A3 8P, this signal is on the CAN. These days I will record the CAN headlamp error message so it can be associated with the error.
- This mistake I did not expect:
Изображение
I connected to this input the signal for "Washer fluid lol". I expected both to be kept inactive by logic 0, but obviously not at B6.
- This was already a big surprise:
Изображение
I have no idea why he showed up. The temperature is normal, as we can see on the screen.

And the tests began. First, I entered with VCDS at “17 – Instruments” and asked that the dashboard has reduced functionality (High level but with inactive DIS) from the coding, and from 82 adaptation channels I deactivated the factory menu of DIS.
Here are the first tests on the go:
phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]
Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

And now it's time to mention the other issues that have been noticed:
- Does not read open bonnet. The original display reads it, but the Color MFA does not.
- Does not account for navigation mode. The navigation arrows do not appear on the screen.
- It's a little annoying that it doesn't use the entire radio information area, but also displays the speed there. So it turns out that my speed is displayed in 3 places. It's a little unnecessary.
Изображение

Also, several of the analog inputs need to be adjusted to fit the real A3 8P:
- Coolant Level Low – logical 0 when everything is OK
- Brake Fluid Low - logical 0 when everything is OK
- Washer Fluid Low - logical 0 when everything is OK

These are the first impressions.

However, to allow for mounting, the image must be rotated 180 degrees. If it's a big problem to do this software, I can do it hardware, but it will lose its versatility.
Изображение

This is it for now. Tests continue on Saturday.

I would be grateful if autopilot and DirtyliMe contributes to the successful completion of the project and the addition of 8P to the list of supported models.

Greetings: Изображение
Hi bsdnikolov, I read about your work on this page, but I don't really understand if you managed to make everything work well, I would like to create a cabinet to install the display between the steering wheel and the instruments, mount the display horizontally and make different modifications to the instrumentation , but to do this I will need the connection guide for the various pins on the machine and confirmation that everything is working well :D , otherwise I will extend the pins directly from the back of the instrumentation

do you think you can help me? Thank you
Ответить