bsdnikolov писал(а): ↑
31 окт 2019, 23:54
Finally, I started the "Color MFA for Audi A3 8P" project. Many thanks for the prompt delivery of DirtyliMe. Now, the display is here and the work on the project has begun.
I purchased the Color MFA with firmware for the Audi B6/B7. It is closest to the Audi A3 8P.
The first thing I did was an adapter. At 8P, CAN communication was taken over by the external CAN Gateway. With a hand made adapter, I brought the signals from CAN Drivetrain, CAN Convenience and CAN Infotainment to the Color MFA from there. From there I also brought out Terminal 15 as it is not present on the dashboard.
Since I still can't mount the dashboard display (image must be rotated 180 degrees ), I also had to make a blue 32 pin dash adapter on the dashboard and mount the Color MFA on a training board. In this way, I give myself the opportunity to dismantle the Color MFA at any time.
Here's my scheme for connecting Color MFAs to adapters:
Here are the results of the first launch of the Color MFA at Audi 8PA:
- The display started and immediately displayed the first error:
An expected mistake, they predict that on the A3 8P, this signal is on the CAN. These days I will record the CAN headlamp error message so it can be associated with the error.
- This mistake I did not expect:
I connected to this input the signal for "Washer fluid lol". I expected both to be kept inactive by logic 0, but obviously not at B6.
- This was already a big surprise:
I have no idea why he showed up. The temperature is normal, as we can see on the screen.
And the tests began. First, I entered with VCDS at “17 – Instruments” and asked that the dashboard has reduced functionality (High level but with inactive DIS) from the coding, and from 82 adaptation channels I deactivated the factory menu of DIS.
Here are the first tests on the go:
And now it's time to mention the other issues that have been noticed:
- Does not read open bonnet. The original display reads it, but the Color MFA does not.
- Does not account for navigation mode. The navigation arrows do not appear on the screen.
- It's a little annoying that it doesn't use the entire radio information area, but also displays the speed there. So it turns out that my speed is displayed in 3 places. It's a little unnecessary.
Also, several of the analog inputs need to be adjusted to fit the real A3 8P:
- Coolant Level Low – logical 0 when everything is OK
- Brake Fluid Low - logical 0 when everything is OK
- Washer Fluid Low - logical 0 when everything is OK
These are the first impressions.
However, to allow for mounting, the image must be rotated 180 degrees. If it's a big problem to do this software, I can do it hardware, but it will lose its versatility.
This is it for now. Tests continue on Saturday.
I would be grateful if autopilot and DirtyliMe contributes to the successful completion of the project and the addition of 8P to the list of supported models.