ColorMFA on Audi A3 8P

Interface and features

Все вопросы о внешнем виде и функциях ColorMFA
All questions about the appearance and functions of ColorMFA
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  30 ноя 2019, 02:32

Nothing happening on original DIS. Only ColorMFA change Navi and normal mode, when I hold "Reset".
Fine. :good:

See PM.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
bsdnikolov
Контакты:

Сообщение  04 дек 2019, 23:29

Hello.
Finally, I found time to continue working on the project.
Here is the progress. I learned a new dashboard to my car (more modern and more functional) and started testing with my old one. But after installing ColorMFA, I found that my display aperture was smaller than the image. Here are the photos:

- with top cover:
Изображение

- without top cover:
Изображение

As you can see, the entire information bar above is not visible. Also, very few of the left and right characters are also obscured. I do not want to cut the plastic, so my question is whether it is possible to adjust the display image on the opening. Overall dimensions: 4.6 mm / 6.4 mm.

Изображение

Изображение

At first glance, the image should move down and narrow a bit from left and right (for top and bottom narrowing, I only have doubts).

If you are curious, here are some pictures from the installation:

- remove original display:

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

- deactivate the backlight. The backlight is controlled by three transistors. One for the bottom 2/3 of the display and one for the yellow and red colors of the top 1/3. Removing the control transistors saves me the removal of the 30 LEDs:

Изображение

Изображение

- here is the ColorMFA board, ready for installation:

Изображение

Изображение

As you will notice, I allowed myself to solder two extra cables (not to remove the board again). I'll tell you who they are and what they are for. The first is "Washer fluid low". You stubbornly refuse to activate the washer fluid in the software, but I stubbornly hope you do it eventually. I assigned him the first pin.

Изображение

The second additional cable is to activate the diagnostics. I have a pretty workable idea about this, but let's clean up the other works first.

Изображение

And for the final. This dashboard is designed for installation of ColorMFA. There are even factory openings through which cables can be passed. :)

Изображение

Thanks for everything.

Greetings: Изображение
Audi A3 8PA Sportback, Engine BKD (2.0 TDI 16V), Gearbox DSG.
Skoda Octavia 1Z5, Engine BKD (2.0 TDI 16V), Gearbox DSG.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  05 дек 2019, 04:34

As you can see, the entire information bar above is not visible. Also, very few of the left and right characters are also obscured. I do not want to cut the plastic, so my question is whether it is possible to adjust the display image on the opening.
I asked you about visible area after put dashboard front cover. :)
Of course not need cut the plastic. I'll fix it. Visible area is the same as on most of clusters, except A48E and Mk5.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
AudiUnlimited

Сообщение  09 дек 2019, 16:46

So cool to see your progress on this. It really amazes me :) Respect!
8) Audi A4 B5 Avant | MJ 2000 | 1.9 TDI | 81 KW / 110 HP | AFN/AVG | quattro 8)
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  09 дек 2019, 19:10

You tested latest update ? All correct ?
bsdnikolov
Контакты:

Сообщение  11 дек 2019, 10:53

Almost. I put the ColorMFA display on the dashboard and did the desk tests. Everything works perfectly there (you have not yet associated an analog input for "Washer Fluid Low", but there is time). During the holidays, I will have time to do and install the permanent CAN Getaway adapter and do full live tests.

Here are some pictures from mounting ColorMFA on the A3 8P dashboard:

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Very soon, I will also give you my insight into the diagnostic scheme.

Greetings: Изображение
Audi A3 8PA Sportback, Engine BKD (2.0 TDI 16V), Gearbox DSG.
Skoda Octavia 1Z5, Engine BKD (2.0 TDI 16V), Gearbox DSG.
ianpgonzaga

Сообщение  09 мар 2020, 14:13

Love this :)

I want to try and make this work for TT 8J and R36

The wiring will be very similar - if not the same on the 8J as the 8P :evil:
ianpgonzaga

Сообщение  10 мар 2020, 00:12

@autopilot - is it possible to arrange for a software for TT 8J once An experimental setup is made and powering up?

I think it will be pretty much the same as the 8P
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  10 мар 2020, 12:21

Need to see CAN-bus info (logs or photo of CAN-monitor) for this car.
I think not all of data is the same as in current CAN support.
Yes, if is it possible I'll make firmware for 8J.
DjDvr

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 22:06

So happy to see this progressing :) , was waiting for an 8P one for so long. If you do need additional testers, I will also be more than happy to start testing. Will look to buy quite a few once they are done as I know a lot of people willing to have something like this :D. Let me know if you need more testers and will certainly help as much as I can.
A3 8P 1.9Tdi BKC
ianpgonzaga

Сообщение  26 мар 2020, 01:20

autopilot писал(а):
10 мар 2020, 12:21
Need to see CAN-bus info (logs or photo of CAN-monitor) for this car.
I think not all of data is the same as in current CAN support.
Yes, if is it possible I'll make firmware for 8J.
Hi autopilot - i have PM you re: test software :)
Liqbla3

Сообщение  14 июн 2020, 10:39

Hi all, will this version of ColorMFA be offered in the future? I have an A3 8P and would be very interested. Thanks
Audi A3 8PA 1.9 TDI
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  14 июн 2020, 22:57

Need to do some tests and get feedback on the work.
Support for these cars can only be offered after a full check. Currently I not have any feedback. Only one guy installed to this car and after installation I not see any feedback. :( I do not have this car for testing.
May be in future...
DjDvr

Сообщение  15 июн 2020, 11:35

autopilot писал(а):
14 июн 2020, 22:57
Need to do some tests and get feedback on the work.
Support for these cars can only be offered after a full check. Currently I not have any feedback. Only one guy installed to this car and after installation I not see any feedback. :( I do not have this car for testing.
May be in future...
I will test it :) , I will order 1 asap and will test it ;)
A3 8P 1.9Tdi BKC
Liqbla3

Сообщение  28 июн 2020, 18:57

I will also gladly test. I'm an engineer working mainly on automotive systems so should be ok
Audi A3 8PA 1.9 TDI
A332Q

Сообщение  06 окт 2020, 22:54

At the moment I have the problem, that I retrofitted ACC and active lane assist to my 2004 8P but I don't have any chance to see if the systems have any faults, ACC detected the car in front properly or lane assist detected the lanes. :sorry:
So the ColorMFA could do this job and this is the reason I want know if it would be possible to add these feature to ColorMFA. :wink:
My Cluster is from an 2012 TTRS, but this shouldn't make any diffrence I guess. :good:

I also could send an gateway, cluster, ecu, steering modul and steering column switches for testing.
Вложения
A3 8P 3,2 MY2004
A8 D2 4,2 FL1 MY1999
Polo AW Highline 1,6 TDI 2018
Pontiac Firebird LS6 1968
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  07 окт 2020, 00:20

At the moment I have no information about the ACC work.
Need got CAN-logs with this systems to check protocols and how this system communicate with original cluster.
I do not have a car for such a check. :(
DjDvr

Сообщение  12 окт 2020, 17:13

@autopilot I have ordered a set for a Golf and one set for a A3 so i will be able to provide you with any data you are going to need for the A3 part. I will see if I can get a Golf for testing. I will post here if it's ok with the owner of the topic once it's installed.

@A332q Is there a way I can contact you I will want to retrofit ACC as well in the future so once that is done I can also provide that data if you do not install the cluster until then.
A3 8P 1.9Tdi BKC
A332Q

Сообщение  13 окт 2020, 11:28

autopilot писал(а):
07 окт 2020, 00:20
At the moment I have no information about the ACC work.
Need got CAN-logs with this systems to check protocols and how this system communicate with original cluster.
I do not have a car for such a check. :(
I will try to test this with VW Golf cluster, at moment I could only offer the communication towards cluster, but no communication back.
A3 8P 3,2 MY2004
A8 D2 4,2 FL1 MY1999
Polo AW Highline 1,6 TDI 2018
Pontiac Firebird LS6 1968
DjDvr

Сообщение  24 ноя 2020, 13:18

Just got mine Today :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: will see how I find some help/time to mount them up and start testing.

@Autopilot what will you need in terms of testing ?
A3 8P 1.9Tdi BKC
Ответить