A4 B5 strange behaviour

Technical issues

Вопросы по установке. Монтаж, пайка, проводки...
Questions about the installation. Mounting, soldering, wiring ...
ianpgonzaga

Сообщение  02 май 2018, 01:45

Hey guys

Why is the unit acting like this?

User had followed the instruction on the guide. Has wired the doors for RHD (Australia)
And this strange issue occurs. Home screen shows no data but in measuring blocks the data is displayed.
phpBB [video]

I instructed user to update to latest firmware. Still the same.

Please advise.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  02 май 2018, 17:32

About "home screen no data"...
Supported only Audi A4B5 with CAN-bus. Model year 2000 and newer.
ColorMFA do not got info from diagnostics. Only from CAN-bus. CAN-bus must be present.

About video.
I'm see you need show graph in diagnostics ? Before enter to graph you need check/select data to show on graph. If you not select data, you not enter to graph mode.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
ianpgonzaga

Сообщение  03 май 2018, 06:12

I it is a 2000 A4 B5 with the canbus wired in correctly. There is still no data showing on the home screen for all the temperatures.

He understands that you need to select measuring blocks when trying to graph :)

Issue is there is no home screen data.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  05 май 2018, 17:45

Check connection to Motor-CAN. Maybe CAN-High and CAN-Low not correctly connected (swapped) while mount ColorMFA.
And check present of Motor-CAN in car.
Make photo of screen in System->CAN-monitor->Select Motor-CAN only->Watch. Make photos.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
lil_weg

Сообщение  07 май 2018, 13:50

phpBB [video]
Please see attached. I tried swapping the CAN DATA pins from the colourmfa board to both the power and comfort can data pins on the cluster, nothing happened so i swapped back to how you suggested in the instructions. All i see is this strange data.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  16 май 2018, 23:45

If you right connect MotorCAN it must be show info in CAN-monitor.
Of course if Motor-CAN is present on your car.
And data may not show "on table". Test it only in car.
lil_weg

Сообщение  21 май 2018, 16:12

I did some double checking of my connections and I found some conflicting information. An American user from a forum used the Audi A6 diagram to install his colourmfa (both board version 3.2) and there are differences in can connections although the cluster pin diagrams for our clusters (A4 vs A6) are almost identical.

Here are the differences:

A6 ColourMFA Diagram:
1 - CAN_H_Conv (Green Pin 22)
2 - CAN_L_Conv (Green Pin 23)
3 - CAN_H_Info (grey pin 5)
4 - CAN_L_Info (grey pin 6)

A3/A4 ColourMFA Diagram:
1 - CAN_H_Info (grey pin 5)
2 - CAN_L_Info (grey pin 6)
3 - BLANK
4 - BLANK

Why are these so different? It would appear with the A3 wiring, the CAN Info is not wired correctly, would this cause it to not show? or does firmware loaded change which pin is which on the colourMFA?

Whenever I go to the motor_can watch I still see "no data", however I am 100% sure my car has CAN as there are many A4 B5's documented with colourMFA installed which are identical models to mine with digital clocks.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  21 май 2018, 22:20

Your car is A4 B5 ? Why do you look pinout for A6 ? Different cars, different pinout.

If in your car CAN-bus present, it must work. And must show data in CAN-monitor.
If CAN-bus in car is present, but it not show in CAN-monitor, check connection.
There are no other options.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  21 май 2018, 22:48

All i see is this strange data.
In your video above Comfort-CAN is worked. What you need seen ? This is the data transferred via CAN-bus. And data on video is correct.
lil_weg

Сообщение  22 май 2018, 16:04

phpBB [video]
Please see latest video, all can bus connections are correct as per A3 installation guide.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  22 май 2018, 22:53

If you 100% sure about right connection, please send kit back for testing and repair or replacement to new.
ianpgonzaga

Сообщение  31 май 2018, 01:17

it's correct to use firmware a4 8D for the a4 b5 platform?

Another user who I made the installation for is also saying the exact same. No data - only battery.

Maybe it's an issue with Australian delivered cars?
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  31 май 2018, 06:34

it's correct to use firmware a4 8D for the a4 b5 platform?
Yes.
Another user who I made the installation for is also saying the exact same. No data - only battery.
Maybe it's an issue with Australian delivered cars?
What year of car ? What OEM number of original cluster ? Motor-CAN is really present ? Check wires in green socket (pin 18 and 19). Wires is present in car ?
Make photo of connection points in dashboard while install ColorMFA. Make photo of cluster PCB (on each side).
ianpgonzaga

Сообщение  31 май 2018, 14:32

One car is late 99 with digital clocks and FIS. The other car, which I installed colormfa in on myself, is 2000.
Green plug, stripped away the plastic housing

Cluster part number

ianpgonzaga

Сообщение  31 май 2018, 14:36

Photos from 99 model cluster.
Blue

Grey

Green

I requested installer to neaten up the installation and to make can wires twisted.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  31 май 2018, 15:20

This cluster is support Motor CAN-bus connection. It installed on cars from 2000 model year (from ~ 05.99).
But may be engine (engine ECU) in this cars is not supported CAN-bus. :(
This cluster is also work with engines without CAN-bus.
ianpgonzaga

Сообщение  01 июн 2018, 15:38

So you think ECU upgrade required
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  01 июн 2018, 16:56

I'm think is not possible (or need more money for change ECU, correcting wires for new ECU, e.t.c.).
On this years possible to install ECU with CAN and without CAN support. Cluster (2000 model year) may work with both version of ECU. But ColorMFA need Motor-CAN for fully functional.
May be it need check individually. May be possible to detect CAN support by ECU number. But I'm not sure to 100%.
ianpgonzaga

Сообщение  06 июн 2018, 14:14

ok we found the issue

it's because this model did not have motor can. Cluster tested on wideband s4 and it's working ok.
Houdini

Сообщение  20 июн 2018, 11:48

Hi,
I've got similar problem. No oil temp, no outside temp and no fuel remaining, everything else works perfectly. Here is my can monitor.
It's Audi A4 B5 2000r 2.8, vdo 110.208.942/044 Изображение
Изображение
Ответить