Lost connection with cluster / ecu

Technical issues

Вопросы по установке. Монтаж, пайка, проводки...
Questions about the installation. Mounting, soldering, wiring ...
Ответить
BoraV5

Сообщение  21 апр 2023, 02:34

Hi autopilot.

Could you help me get trough this. I have vdo immo 3 cluster and after a few years the colormfa could not scan faultcodes anymore. Also vcds cant connect to any module. I replaced the cluster with a non colormfa one and everything works as normal. I removed colormfa fron the cluster and put it in passat cluster vwk503. I tested the cluster on bench before installing colormfa and everything worked perfect. After i did all the steps and installed the colormfa this cluster now also does not connect with vcds. I tried removing k line and canbus but no succes. The leds are now also dark i did check every connection twice now. What did i do wrong or could the cmfa print be bad? I do get display

Thanks
VW BORA V5 AQN :D
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  21 апр 2023, 08:46

Why did you decide that the problem is in ColorMFA ?
If you disconnected the K-line from the ColorMFA, ColorMFA cannot affect the diagnosis. Perhaps the problem is somewhere else ? Perhaps the problem is in the wiring or in another ECU ?
I didn't understand about LEDs. What LEDs do you have dark ?
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
BoraV5

Сообщение  21 апр 2023, 10:59

I'm not sure it is with colormfa but after installation the seccond cluster was 'broken'. Seems to be a connection issue. Not sure if there could be canbus error or something else. All the leds are dark icons, needle and blue led's. Not sure if this has to do with the same issue. Clusterd are tested on bench setup
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  21 апр 2023, 11:17

CAN-bus does not used for diagnostics on your car. Only K-line. If you disconnect K-line wire from ColorMFA, ColorMFA cannot affect the diagnosis. Also ColorMFA has no affect to LEDs work. Didn’t connect to the LEDs, don’t use them and can’t change its operation. May be you need to check cluster wiring ?
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
BoraV5

Сообщение  21 апр 2023, 11:49

I will double check everything again, maybe you have a idea what the problem is or things i can check on the board for communication? Resistors or voltage
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  21 апр 2023, 12:11

Take the cluster where ColorMFA is installed, plug it in on the table. All you need is power (+12, GND, Ignition) and control buttons (up, down, reset).
Disconnect all wires between the ColorMFA and the cluster except power (+12, GND, Ignition) and control buttons (up, down, reset).
Check for correct operation.
Next, connect the K-line from the ColorMFA to the dashboard. Check whether ColorMFA connects to the cluster using diagnostics or not. Do not use any external diagnostic tools like VCDS. Check only cluster with ColorMFA.
BoraV5

Сообщение  21 апр 2023, 21:05

I tries to check connection but it say Error no connection from controller. Only power and k line connected. I tried to go in 17 instrument cluster

Thank you verymuch for your time and trying to help me :)

I got a few 'spare' cluster is can change parts from. But not sure what IC or component could be dead. I did try the cmfa in my first cluster where i originaly used it for a few years. But suddenly it stopt conecting to ecu etc. That's why i wanted to put it in a new cluster
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  21 апр 2023, 21:59

I tries to check connection but it say Error no connection from controller. Only power and k line connected. I tried to go in 17 instrument cluster
Please measure the K-line voltage before attempting a connection. And see what will change during connection attempts.
I did try the cmfa in my first cluster where i originaly used it for a few years. But suddenly it stopt conecting to ecu etc. That's why i wanted to put it in a new cluster
Usually, if there are problems, they appear in the first few days after installation. So that the kit worked for several years, and then something stopped working, this has never happened before.
Are you sure the diagnostics stopped working on old cluster ? Did you happen to connect the VCDS while trying to connect from ColorMFA? As long as there is some device in the diagnostic connector, ColorMFA will not be able to connect via diagnostics.
Ответить