Color MFA and RNS-E PU(193 MK2)

Technical issues

Вопросы по установке. Монтаж, пайка, проводки...
Questions about the installation. Mounting, soldering, wiring ...
Haribos

Сообщение  08 апр 2023, 09:24

Hello Autopilot,
I have RNS-E MK2 installed in my car(Audi A6 C5 MY2002), but i observe some comunication problems - there is sporadic loss of navigation data on the Color MFA - during active route guidance direction arrows dissapiered suddenly, then come back. Radio data is still present on the FIS during loss of navigation data. What could be the problem? Is it possible that this new RNS-E to have fast comunication and due to that to have loss of data packets in the FIS?
Here is the link to the shooted video:
https://disk.yandex.com/i/HA-P1831u64RyA
Audi A6 4B C5 4,2(ASG) MY2002
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  08 апр 2023, 19:44

It looks like a periodic stop in data transmission from navigation. Maybe there are some timeouts.

I'll try to test "on the table" the operation of the navigation.

How is the RNS connected? Is it the same as the original wiring? Is the instrument panel coding correct (in adaptation channel 62) ? Can you take some photos in the CAN-monitor (only Info-CAN) while the navigation system is running?
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
Haribos

Сообщение  09 апр 2023, 17:32

Hello again. Previously in the car was retrofitted RNS-E MK1 and it worked without issues. Wiring was done using Quadlock adapter, and no wiring issues was observed. Instrument cluster is codded correctly in adaptation chanel there is navigation added as present option. I will try to make some pictures or short video also tomorrow. I noticed also some delay in response from the unit when using MFSW buttons. Volume buttons react imediatelly, when change station/track react with some delay.
Haribos

Сообщение  10 апр 2023, 14:48

Hera are the pictures:
Вложения
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  10 апр 2023, 17:26

Is a 2 photo with same data. Is not full CAN-bus info. Take photo, scrolldown and take photo again.
You are have original phone module ?
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
Haribos

Сообщение  11 апр 2023, 11:42

Hello. Sorry for the misatake. here is the photo with the bottom lines.
About phone, yes long time ago car was equiped with wired handset in armrest, but it never worked, so at the moment handset is removed, but phone module is lying still somewhere in the car.
Вложения
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  11 апр 2023, 21:02

Not possible to take one photo today and next photo tomorrow.
Data in CAN-monitor displayed in received order. What data is received first displayed on top. On each enter to CAN-monitor screen data order is different.
Need to make photo of all data at once. Enter to CAN-monitor, take one photo, scroll down take next photo. Without exit from CAN-monitor.

I see some problems with the ring in both photos.
At first photo: Cluster ring and navi ring both linked to phone ring. It is wrong. Two rings must not be linked to the same ecu.
At last photo: Phone ring linked to navi and navi ring linked to phone. It would be right. But. There should be a dashboard ring in this list. And he is not.

I have a suspicion that your devices have wire breaks on the CAN bus. What errors are there in the diagnostics of the dashboard, telephone and navigation unit? Is there something about working in single-wire mode?
Haribos

Сообщение  12 апр 2023, 18:20

Here are new pictures from today:
Вложения
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  12 апр 2023, 22:41

Yes. The ring problem is present. Check faults on each ECUs (cluster, phone, navi) and check Info-CAN wires. I think there is a problem with the CAN-bus wires.

Do you have non-original devices on the bus?
Haribos

Сообщение  13 апр 2023, 15:02

Hello again. I will perform deep scan and will check all mentioned modules. As fa i remember there were faults in instruments for missing connection with phone module, and error for infotaiment bus - intermittent missing communication. About non OEM modules - yes i used aftermarket video interface for connection of rear camera and smart TV BOX. At the moment video interface is still connected to RNS-E PU, but camera and TV box are disconnected. I have some doubts that maybe this RNS-E unit is some how faulty, as after sertain period of work between 1/2h - 1h it loses completly communication with color MFA(in navigation part) and also it become inreachable via VCDS. Other strange thing is that all this setup with video interface was working perfectly with previous unit - RNS-E 192 for more than 2 years. Is it possible that the problem is inside this new unit?
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  14 апр 2023, 00:34

I think the first thing to do is to check the connections of all devices. Maybe there is a wiring problem somewhere.
Almost all devices of the video interface have a connection to the CAN bus. I don't see data from the video interface on your photos.

Of course, there is a possibility of RNS malfunction. But it's also likely that you pulled wires while replacing the device. There is a bad connection somewhere. Or it is possible that the video interface connection was "taped up" and now there are short circuits (due to the fact that you pulled the wires when replacing the RNS).
Various options are possible. What I would do: check the wiring first, check the devices by disconnect them one by one (telephone, video interface).
nikos147

Сообщение  05 дек 2023, 23:28

Hi! I would like to post a question regarding a similar issue, too. I have an AUDI A4 B6 that was equiped with the red screen and I have the color MFA from 2017...I have recently installed a RNS-E 193 and although the navi and the RNS-E work perfectly, when I start the route guidance everything is OK except when I try to switch the main page to see e.g. the consumprion or when I enter the main menu. In these occasions the colorMFA stops displaying the navi informations screen and I have to stop the route guidance and start it again from the RNS-E in order to display again the navi informations on the screen.
I have tried almost all versions and there was one version (I think that it was v27) that the navi worked OK and I could switch between navi screen and the other screens with the MODE button of the MFSW of the car, but this doesn't happen with any of the other versions...
What can I do to make the NAVI information work smothly and if it possible to switch between NAVI and the rest with the MODE button.
Thank in advance
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  06 дек 2023, 06:09

What encoding is currently set in channel 19 of the cluster adaptation?
nikos147

Сообщение  06 дек 2023, 23:00

At the instrument cluster (module No17) I have the 01101 coding and it does not have a 19 channel at adaptation...the adaptation channel begins at 29, which is for Tank Characteristic (Fuel Level Sensor 2)

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... C/8ED/8HE)

Am I doing something wrong?
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  07 дек 2023, 06:34

Don't look at the Ross-Tech wiki. Just look it up in VCDS (or similar software).
All 8E clusters have adaptation channel 19.
nikos147

Сообщение  07 дек 2023, 18:29

I looked it and the coding in channel 19 is 11010
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  08 дек 2023, 09:33

This is the correct encoding.

Stopping navigation screen updates is possible if you have errors or system message that are usually displayed on the original screen (full screen info). In this case, when you press the "reset" button, you switch to error output (on original screen) and the navigation stops updating. ColorMFA does not control the data update process, this is handled by the cluster and navi device.

Switching using the MODE button was disabled in firmware b37. There were comments, because this button was used to operate other original devices.

I sent you a personal message with test firmware where you can separately enable the MODE button, as well as an attempt to fix the stopping of data updates from navigation.
nikos147

Сообщение  08 дек 2023, 20:27

Thank you very much! I will update and come back with the results
nikos147

Сообщение  09 дек 2023, 18:22

Thank you vary much for your help.

I performed the custom update and everything works as it should.

I press the MODE button and it changes between the normal comp.values and the NAVI screen.
Cergei6

Сообщение  17 дек 2023, 11:42

Как в скринсэйв сделать настройку чтобы отображалась информация с магнитолы?
Ответить