obd plug in gauge

Technical issues

Вопросы по установке. Монтаж, пайка, проводки...
Questions about the installation. Mounting, soldering, wiring ...
Ответить
mr_br00kes

Сообщение  25 ноя 2022, 01:01

Good Day,

Is it possible to use a multi gauge that will plug into the obd port that collects data from the can bus lines or will this style of gauge cause a conflict or corruption with the data on the bus used by the colormfa?

The reason for the use of this style gauge is to be able to data log afr ratio for tuning. The gauge I would like to use is a banks idash datamonster unit found here.

https://bankspower.com/products/data-lo ... s-vehicles

I have your colormfa in my 2003 jetta/bora. The car does have can bus wires at the obd port. I have been using your colormfa for some time now with no problems the unit has been amazing.

Cheers
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  25 ноя 2022, 01:49

Jetta/Bora 2003 does not have CAN bus diagnostics. K-line only. The device in your link will not work on your car (VW 2015+). Ask developers to confirm.

ColorMFA during normal operation does not use diagnostic lines to collect information (unless you have specifically configured this mode). You can use any diagnostic devices without conflicts.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
mr_br00kes

Сообщение  25 ноя 2022, 06:59

Thank you for the confirmation.

Do you know if it is possible to read any of the can bus information from the can bus lines that are in the obd port?
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  26 ноя 2022, 03:56

I don't know what CAN bus you have in the OBD on the Jetta/Bora 2003.
At the factory, these cars did not make CAN-bus wires on the OBD connector or these wires were not connected anywhere (can be connected to empty contacts in the dashboard).
Because the car does not support CAN-bus diagnostics.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
mr_br00kes

Сообщение  28 ноя 2022, 05:54

I pulled the dash out of the car to trace the pins from T16/6 orange/black and T16/14 orange/brown at the obd port. They go to the cluster at pins T32a/27 orange/black and T32a/28 orange/brown. Maybe North America car have different wiring.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  28 ноя 2022, 07:25

The general wiring does not change.
These wires are connected to empty contacts in the dashboard (as I wrote above). Perhaps the VW had some plans, but in fact these contacts are not used (although they may even be completely connected inside the dashboard).
Ответить