Force bootloader without "service or reset" button

Technical issues

Вопросы по установке. Монтаж, пайка, проводки...
Questions about the installation. Mounting, soldering, wiring ...
Ответить
Express

Сообщение  19 ноя 2022, 11:40

Hey autopilot,

Pulled the dash out today and downloaded the newest firmware files for the A3 8P to flash.

After flashing flash and code and rebooting the module it's now stuck into a screen that I have no way of getting out of not matter if I disconnect the battery or the plug behind the cluster.

Error - incorrect flash version
Please press service to get into bootloader.

I do not have a service or reset button on this car.

If there a way i can force it into the bootloader ?

Thanks !
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  21 ноя 2022, 06:03

You only uploaded flash and didn't update the code. Or they downloaded only the code and did not update the flash. Or downloaded code and flash from different firmware versions. With a normal update, this problem does not occur.

In older firmware, the only possible option is to turn off the power, open the dashboard, short the Input1 or Input2 contact (in KEY section) to ground (depending on which car this kit was for) and turn on the power. The ColorMFA should immediately enter bootloader mode when the power is turned on. Disconnect the wire from Input1 (Input2), turn on ignition and update the firmware.
In the new firmware, just press the "reset" button.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
Express

Сообщение  21 ноя 2022, 09:31

Will try this soon.

Which button is the reset button for future firmware.
The only buttons that I can control the MFA with are the up and down and select button on the wiper stalk.

Cluster itself has no service or reset button like the A4
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  21 ноя 2022, 09:45

On the wiper stalk is not present "Select" button. Only "Reset" button is present. :)
This button is what I mean.
Вложения
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
Ответить