Подключение наддува / Boost connection

Technical issues

Вопросы по установке. Монтаж, пайка, проводки...
Questions about the installation. Mounting, soldering, wiring ...
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  13 мар 2020, 16:49

А буквы мотора есть у этого 2.7Т ?
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
VampireLo
Контакты:

Сообщение  13 мар 2020, 16:56

Arden писал(а):
13 мар 2020, 16:39
А с 2.7т как быть,куда цеплять?
Без букв двигателя не определить тип его мозгов и соответсвенно не ответить на вопрос
VW Golf MKIV forever )
VW Tiguan mk1 рест 2012
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  20 мар 2020, 22:50

Can A4 B7 2006 BPW display boost via CAN? Or do I need to tap into ECU? If I need to tap into ECU, add to the table that the pin for A4 B7 2.0 TDI BPW 2006 is T94/78 green/red.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  20 мар 2020, 23:33

In A48E only via separate wire if ECU is not modified.
Added to table...
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  21 мар 2020, 00:14

Ok. I will not modify the ECU just to show the pressure via CAN. I will tap into it. Thanks!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  23 мар 2020, 14:13

Giving your information I need a wire from the ECU to display the boost in my A4 B7, I pulled the wire yesterday from the ECU and connected it according to the diagram for my car, in pin 4 of the green connector of the cluster, representing the Analog input 1 for the boost. I put the cluster back in the car today and saw the boost displayed, but it was inaccurate, it was showing 1.8 bar instead of 1 bar or 0.9 which was the actual value. I went into the menu to calibrate the sensor and chose the 3bar sensor instead of 2.5 and the inaccuracy increased, it was showing 2.4 bar now :)) I went back into the calibration settings and I saw I have CAN-bus and CAN-bus+. I chose CAN-bus+ and the value is now accurate. My question is: This means I no longer need the wire from ECU? It gets it via CAN? :) I should've tried this the first time I put the cluster in for testing.

Later edit: I can confirm it works via CAN on my car. I removed the wire from the green connector and it still works fine. :) On other settings I now see 0.0
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 01:40

I do not know how it may work with selection CAN-bus+. This options ONLY for modified engines and does not work correctly with original ECU firmware.
If you right connected wire from Analog1 to ECU, all values must show correctly. Check connections.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 09:54

No need. It works fine over CAN-bus+ and my ECU is not modified. I removed the wire.
Boost via CAN-bus+
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 11:33

That's funy.
You know about differences between absolute pressure and boost pressure ?
ColorMFA shown only boost pressure.
If you think that everything works correctly .... Ok. Use it as is.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 14:34

I find it funny too, but with the wire from the ECU it was showing inaccurate values, and with CAN-bus+ it shows it according to VCDS. I will use it like this :) Maybe others with A4 B7 can also try to set CAN-bus+ and see if they get accurate value.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 14:42

The funny thing is that you think these values are correct.
I'll try again: ColorMFA display boost pressure. VCDS display absolute pressure.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 18:13

Hmm.. I'll dig more into this. Does VCDS show anywhere absolute pressure?
Anyway, I want to see the actual boost pressure like I showed above and not the absolute one, so I'm good. I'll just substract the atmospheric pressure (~1000mbar) and I'll know what my turbo is making.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  25 мар 2020, 02:48

You are read what I wrote before ? You are know about differences between boost pressure and absolute pressure ?
Does VCDS show anywhere absolute pressure?
VCDS everywhere shows absolute pressure.
On your photo in VCDS 989.4mbar is a ~= atmospheric pressure.
ColorMFA shown only boost pressure (over atmospheric pressure). And substract atmospheric pressure before show value on screen.
I do not understand how this data can be considered correct. But if you want, you can consider them correct.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  25 мар 2020, 10:32

I get what VCDS shows (I confused absolute with boost only). On my car, ColorMFA over can-bus+ clearly shows the absolute pressure and not the boost only. So ColorMFA has a formula that substratcs the atmospheric pressure to show only boost using the wire from ECU and not for can-bus+ as well? I will put the wire back (I only removed it from the cluster connector) and see what I get. But at idle, with 2.5 boost range setting, I got 1.8bar and with 3 bar range setting I got 2.4bar, which are not accurate values, I should've got ~0. Here's the photo of my sensor diagram and the wire I tapped into:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dsNPcv69YSAyQghu7
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
edria

Сообщение  25 мар 2020, 15:54

Hello, I made the boost connection from the ECU, but I think the calibration of the 4 bar sensor is wrong, when my car makes a little under 1.8 bar the ColorMFA shows 1.5~1.55. In the ECU the 4 bar sensor is calibrated as the bosch document states, 500mbar = 0.5v and 4000 mbar = 4.5v. Is it possible to add the fuction to make a boost sensor calibration of our own and to increase the accusition frequency of the analog input so we have higher refresh rate like a mechanical or stepper motor boost gauge?
Thank You !
Seat Leon 1M 2004
1.9 TDI ARL
Golf 4 HALF FIS IMMO 3 -> ColorMFA
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  25 мар 2020, 17:50

You were right, autopilot. On CAN-bus+ the value is not correct, I got misleaded because of the synchronization of the values at idle, but while driving is way off. On CAN-bus, though, it shows the correct value, without the atmospheric pressure, as you initially said.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RWsxms8pGPUkuAt3A
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eBJgagbcExmxuYMW7

Solved! Someone confirmed me my EDC can show boost via CAN and it does. Thank you for your info!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  26 мар 2020, 06:57

Is it possible to add the fuction to make a boost sensor calibration of our own and to increase the accusition frequency of the analog input so we have higher refresh rate like a mechanical or stepper motor boost gauge?
I will try to do something with calibration.

About faster refresh... Where you need faster refresh ? In the main screen, in menus, in display gauges ?
If the data is updated faster (in digital text), it is poorly read...
edria

Сообщение  26 мар 2020, 14:44

For me update rate is slow, I am used to watching boost numbers in VAG-COM and do not have a problem in rapid update.
If it is possible to make it an option with different timings so we can find the sweet spot. For the Boost Gauge function - there the update rate can be as fast as possible because its a needle. Maybe send a firmware with fast update rate for main screen and see how it behaves on the road ?
Seat Leon 1M 2004
1.9 TDI ARL
Golf 4 HALF FIS IMMO 3 -> ColorMFA
batteto

Сообщение  26 мар 2020, 20:50

For Audi A4 B7, to which pin in the dashboard should I connect the boost. To the blue or green socket?And if the car has a chip, what's going on?
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  26 мар 2020, 22:59

What year and engine code is your car? You might be good to go if you select can-bus from boost range options in colormfa.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
Ответить