Interface and features

Все вопросы о внешнем виде и функциях ColorMFA
All questions about the appearance and functions of ColorMFA
Steffenfks

Сообщение  22 янв 2023, 19:02

autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  23 янв 2023, 04:59

Again: I don't have any info about steering wheel heating.
You have ColorMFA ? You have steering wheel with heating ? Find information on the CAN bus about turning on the heating. In a CAN monitor (ColorMFA->menu->System->CAN monitor), this is not difficult to do. Send me this information.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
Steffenfks

Сообщение  23 янв 2023, 09:21

6ff 08 01 is ON
6ff 08 00 is OFF

Comfort can T5
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  23 янв 2023, 11:32

See PM for test firmware.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
Steffenfks

Сообщение  23 янв 2023, 15:57

pety

Сообщение  23 янв 2023, 16:48

Its for a4b6 too?
Steffenfks

Сообщение  23 янв 2023, 17:04

Wenn es einen schleifring mit lenkrad heizung gibt ja
boubou

Сообщение  24 янв 2023, 01:16

Hi, possible add function for disable Gear engaged on bottom zone?

When Gear engaged is off, possible to view icons alert on this area ?
If this is not possible, the outside temperature should always be on this zone ?!

Zone OK always activated :D
Golf 4 Tdi 100@150 | Cluster Passat W8 US 503 LowLine
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 янв 2023, 06:24

Its for a4b6 too?
Added to all firmware, but I can not say whether it will work or not.
possible add function for disable Gear engaged on bottom zone?
Generally possible.
When Gear engaged is off, possible to view icons alert on this area ?
How ? The Gears area is the same size as 1 alert icon (width). Display only 1 icons ? Or show one above the other (2 icons will fit) ? I don't think it will be pretty.
the outside temperature should always be on this zone ?!
Again... how ? Use small font ? It won't be nice. With a large font, the text width will be much larger than the Gear area.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 янв 2023, 12:32

I have WEBASTO on my A4 B7. Should I see an icon when it's activated? Like in @Steffenfks's video? Did you find a way to implement control of WEBASTO in ColorMFA? Also, can I use an input on the board for the washer fluid level warning? It's not working via CAN and you once said it could be because of the cluster's coding not having the DIS enabled anymore, so maybe we can go the analogue way using PIN 1 of the blue connector which is WASHER FLUID LOW. Thank you!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 янв 2023, 14:06

I have WEBASTO on my A4 B7. Should I see an icon when it's activated? Like in @Steffenfks's video?
I think yes. Webasto status use same data on most of VAG cars (those years). On 8E the icon should be on the small screen (left, below the tachometer.). This is how it should be in normal operation.
Did you find a way to implement control of WEBASTO in ColorMFA?
On 8E it is possible to make control of the webasto (not sure about the timer, but it can definitely turn it on / off from the menu). But for this it will be necessary to disable the webasto encoding in the dashboard. This may result in the loss of some functions. I'm not sure, because I have not tried this mode in real conditions. Perhaps there will be no loss of functionality.
it could be because of the cluster's coding not having the DIS enabled anymore
It could be because some of clusters with original ColorFIS disable washer level if you disable menu and DIS in coding. But if you turn on the menu and DIS, ColorMFA will not work properly. This problem is only on a limited number of dashboards with the original Color FIS.
so maybe we can go the analogue way using PIN 1 of the blue connector which is WASHER FLUID LOW
Need to check this. It is possible that along with the disabling of the level check, the function of pin 1 is also disabled.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 янв 2023, 14:34

autopilot писал(а):
24 янв 2023, 14:06
I think yes. Webasto status use same data on most of VAG cars (those years). On 8E the icon should be on the small screen (left, below the tachometer.). This is how it should be in normal operation.
I was referring if I can get webasto icon on ColorMFA. On the small screen below tachometer I have it and I see it everytime I use it.
On 8E it is possible to make control of the webasto (not sure about the timer, but it can definitely turn it on / off from the menu). But for this it will be necessary to disable the webasto encoding in the dashboard. This may result in the loss of some functions. I'm not sure, because I have not tried this mode in real conditions. Perhaps there will be no loss of functionality.
I can help you test this on my car, if you're willing to create a firmware.
Need to check this. It is possible that along with the disabling of the level check, the function of pin 1 is also disabled.
Let me know what I can do to try this out. Thank you!

L.E.: What about non color instrument cluster? Anyone reported isuess with washer level warning? I'm thinking to move the ColorMFA on a red instrument cluster if that's going to solve my problem. I installed it on a color one because of how navigation was displayed and because the car came with factory color, but I'm not using the RNS-E as a Navi, so I won't miss that.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  25 янв 2023, 07:35

What about non color instrument cluster? Anyone reported isuess with washer level warning?
In all time, no one has reported a similar problem on monochrome screens.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  25 янв 2023, 14:14

I tested now and I have the icon for WEBASTO on ColorMFA as well. Let me know how can I help with implementing it into the menu.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
Antoz

Сообщение  28 янв 2023, 23:01

Поиском не нашел. А есть возможность регулировки громкости спикера (зуммера) цветного? Если нет то возможно реализовать?
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  29 янв 2023, 05:39

Такой возможности нет и реализовать её не получится. Изначально не было запланировано и на этом выходе ничего толком сделать нельзя.
AnalogoN

Сообщение  06 фев 2023, 02:57

Hi,

I’m currently working on integrating a Golf mk4 speedometer into a Golf mk2 without changing the appearance too much. While in the process I came across colormfa and I’m sure it will add to the project. The mk2 will get a 1,8t engine and most of the electric system of the mk4.

As the mk2's instrument cluster is much smaller than that of the mk4 I will probably have to remove the 2 small digital displays which are showing the time and the mileage. I was wondering if there is a way to display the time in the top area and the mileage in the bottom area?
It would also be very helpful to get the outside dimensions of the display as well as the visible portion of the display.

Thank you in advance and keep up the awesome work!

Joe
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  07 фев 2023, 01:57

I think you first need to install the Mk4 dashboard and all other components. It is not very clear how you plan to remove the screens under the speedometer and tachometer. Just cutting off a piece of the board will not work.
AnalogoN

Сообщение  07 фев 2023, 04:29

Hi, thank you for your respons!

I’m planning to take of the gauge motors, status and warning LEDs and the beeper and solder them to a custom made board and connect the new board to the mk4 board via wire with connectors. The mk4 board will be installed inside the dashboard. In this way I can place the gauges and the colormfa wherever they will fit and get custom dials made for the instrument cluster. It would also be nice to know, if the colormfa board communicates with the LCD Display via a bus? If so, I can fit the colormfa board in the same housing of the mk4 board and then just run the can wires to the new cluster.

Joe
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  08 фев 2023, 21:15

See installation instructions. I think there will be answers to many questions.
https://wiki.colormfa.ru/installation/vw ... nstruction
Ответить