A3 8L Issues with OilLevel and Backlight

Technical issues

Вопросы по установке. Монтаж, пайка, проводки...
Questions about the installation. Mounting, soldering, wiring ...
Ответить
flowf

Сообщение  30 июл 2018, 13:33

Hello!
I drive the b24 Firmware on my Color MFA (A3 8L, 2001) and have following issues:

Since the update to b24 the automatic Backlight Control doesn´t have any function. The Color MFA only have a fixed brightness. With b23 Firmware it turns the brightness automatically down and up with Backlight of the instruments.

A few days ago i became a "beep" from my instrument. Color MFA doesn´t show anything so i change the cluster with another to check what the "beep" is...
It was the "Check Oil Level" warning...
Why doesn´t show the Color MFA this warning? Check Oil Level and Temperature in the Measuring Menu from Color MFA works perfectly...

So far, that was all i found... :) Color MFA is the best decision i´ve made for my Car ... :)

Flo
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  31 июл 2018, 01:35

Hi.
Since the update to b24 the automatic Backlight Control doesn´t have any function. The Color MFA only have a fixed brightness. With b23 Firmware it turns the brightness automatically down and up with Backlight of the instruments.
1. Check parameters in menu->Settings->Design->Backlight. Must be uncheck "Manual".
2. Please make photo of screen in menu->System->CAN-monitor->Check only Comfort-CAN->Watch
A few days ago i became a "beep" from my instrument. Color MFA doesn´t show anything so i change the cluster with another to check what the "beep" is...
Why doesn´t show the Color MFA this warning? Check Oil Level and Temperature in the Measuring Menu from Color MFA works perfectly...
Because there is no possibility to got "Oil Level Warning" from cluster (if cluster with FullFIS), ColorMFA make calculation by himself. And on most of situation is not synchronized to original warning. May show warning little earlier or little later whan original oil level warning. See real oil level in menu->Measures->Oil level.
so i change the cluster with another to check what the "beep" is...
On original cluster you need drive more than 100km to show oil level warning. It not check oil level immediately.
You are sure about oil level warning ?
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
flowf

Сообщение  31 июл 2018, 12:45

Hi.

1. Check parameters in menu->Settings->Design->Backlight. Must be uncheck "Manual".
Thanks, i´ll doublecheck the settings... But i´m sure it´s already unchecked...
2. Please make photo of screen in menu->System->CAN-monitor->Check only Comfort-CAN->Watch
I attached picture ...
Backlight "Manual" is unchecked... Comfort-Can shows "No Data"... I think my A3 8L don´t have any Comfort Can?! I thought that Comfort Can is only on VW Golf etc?
Because there is no possibility to got "Oil Level Warning" from cluster (if cluster with FullFIS), ColorMFA make calculation by himself. And on most of situation is not synchronized to original warning. May show warning little earlier or little later whan original oil level warning. See real oil level in menu->Measures->Oil level.
Ah okay, that´s really good... It´s just irritating when the cluster beeps without any visual warning :)
Color MFA Shows Oil Level below Minimum Mark but gives no warning (around 25mm Oil Level was shown).
On original cluster you need drive more than 100km to show oil level warning. It not check oil level immediately.
You are sure about oil level warning ?
Yes, i´m sure that was the oil level warning... If i opened the bonnet and close it again there´s no beep for a while then after a few km it beeps again... I´ve checked the beep with another full FIS Cluster and there was the oil level warning...

Can i deactivate the original Oil Level warning from the cluster?! If Color MFA warns, too there´s no possibility for the cluster warning, i think...
Вложения
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  31 июл 2018, 15:12

Comfort-Can shows "No Data"
"No data" = backlight not working. Current backlight setting got from CAN-bus.
I think my A3 8L don´t have any Comfort Can?! I thought that Comfort Can is only on VW Golf etc?
It present on A38L. But if not installed any original devices like audio/navi/phone/MFSW/e.t.c. exchange (data on bus) not present. On A3 name of this bus may be "Display CAN" or "Infotainment CAN".

On A38L/A4B5/TT ColorMFA may emulate devices ring if no one of devices is present in car. I'm check firmware. May be some setting is wrong. Data in CAN-monitor must be present on "Comfort-CAN".

On b23 backlight is working ?
Can i deactivate the original Oil Level warning from the cluster?
Not sure. In VW cars it may deactivated via coding "without service interval". But on A3 I'm not have info about this coding.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
flowf

Сообщение  02 авг 2018, 01:50

Oh Man...
And again a dumb user sits in front of the Computer and configured everything to be broken...

I flashed the b23 and i see, that the automatic backlight control doesn´t work, too...

Then i remebered your words of the Can Bus and remembered, too, that i change the config of the Can Gateway in my Cluster when ich change my original Radio with another without Can Bus.
I configured the Radio out of the CanBus because i´ve got a fault of missing communication with Radio...

Today i change the config of the cluster again to "Radio with Can" and Comfort Bus shows a lot of activity... Automatic Backlight Control works fine, even with b24... :(

Sorry... My mistake ...

But there´s one question i have: Is it possible to make a plain black background for Color MFA?! All this backgrounds with this templates are irritationg to me... I love it when it´s still simply black and white with the colored lines...

Much thanks for your help and sorry for my stupidity :(
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  03 авг 2018, 22:54

Automatic Backlight Control works fine, even with b24...
Fine. :)
Ответить