Demo mode ?

Interface and features

Все вопросы о внешнем виде и функциях ColorMFA
All questions about the appearance and functions of ColorMFA
Ответить
A2-D2

Сообщение  07 апр 2018, 12:11

Hello all,

first of all thanks for this wonderfull product.

Iam an international Audi A2 driver from germany and im happy that i received two ColorMFAs yesterday.

Its not possible for me to read cyrillic or understand the russian language, so im sorry if i write questions which are allready answered, but not in english.

Is there a demo mode applied in ColorMFA which is running in delivery condition? Would be nice to test the modules before i start to install the displays

Kind regards
A2-D2
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  07 апр 2018, 14:45

Hi.

There is no special demo mode.

But you may solder power wires to ColorMFA (+12, GND, Ignition. See installation manual) and put power to ColorMFA "on the table" (+12 and Ignition to plus, GND to ground or minus). Possible use any stabilized power source from 9V to 15V and just about 300-400mA.

If you need goto menu, you must use Input1, Input2, Input3 (see manual). To simulate press keys (Up, Down, Reset) short this Inputs to ground.
Input1, Input2, Input3 works on all cars except kit for Audi A4.

Be careful while running "on the table" !!!
Do not short any other inputs or internal PCB connection to power or ground.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
A2-D2

Сообщение  11 апр 2018, 23:32

Thanks for reply. I think this will help.

Manual is only available in russian, right ( colormfa_b22_ru.pdf ) ?
The german docu in _a2_install_v3_2.rar may help during installation, but not to better understand the product.

Any chances to see a english docu in near future?

Some more questions:

ColorMFA is connected to all CAN-Buses. So in my understanding, it should be possible to also upgrade dashes with a smal display, because there are a lot of informations on the buses and there should not be any need for raw display datas.

The only limitation is, that there is no light bulp check and so one. You only need an additional drop arm switch to control the colormfa, but this should not be the problem right?
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  12 апр 2018, 12:08

Manual is only available in russian, right ( colormfa_b22_ru.pdf ) ?
Yes. Only in Russian.
Any chances to see a english docu in near future?
Not sure... :( Currently no have time to make translation. And my english is not pretty good for make good quality translation.
ColorMFA is connected to all CAN-Buses. So in my understanding, it should be possible to also upgrade dashes with a smal display, because there are a lot of informations on the buses and there should not be any need for raw display datas.

The only limitation is, that there is no light bulp check and so one. You only need an additional drop arm switch to control the colormfa, but this should not be the problem right?
ColorMFA is not fully tested in A2 cluster w.o.FIS or HalfFIS.
But I'm think is possible install it to HalfFIS cluster.
Possible problem:
- need make custom connection to wiper stalk buttons (buttons Up, Down, Reset).
- need make custom connection for Lights control (or short this Inputs in ColorMFA if this control not used in car)
- need make custom connection for WasherLevel (or short this Inputs in ColorMFA if this control not used in car)
- possible problems with show navigation info if RNS-E installed in car.
All of this in Gray socket, but this socket is present only in FullFIS A2 clusters.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
A2-D2

Сообщение  12 апр 2018, 18:44

Just begun to solder the wires to my ColorMFA today. During this, i learned a lot about ColorMFA.

Im pretty sure that ColorMFA will also work on HalfFIS-Clusters and i think its not a problem for the people that light control, washer water level and other things will not work. I know a lot of A2-drivers which upgraded their half FIS Cluster to a FullFIS Cluster without water level sensor or light control.

I think there will be solutions for the wiper stalk wiring.

Actually i think, ColorMFA can get installed anywhere, for example outside of the cluster housing. All you need is 12v, gnd, ignition, all three can busses and connected wiper stalk buttons. Its just a softwareproblem to disable not connected sensors.

I have some HalfFIS Clusters on stock. Maybe ill try.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  12 апр 2018, 19:35

Actually i think, ColorMFA can get installed anywhere, for example outside of the cluster housing. All you need is 12v, gnd, ignition, all three can busses and connected wiper stalk buttons. Its just a softwareproblem to disable not connected sensors.
Need make more connections. Not all info gets from CAN-bus. :) BrakePad, Alternator error, ABS warning and so on...

If you not need lights control and washer level you must left unconnected this Inputs in ColorMFA (for A2). This prevent show errors for lamps and washer level.
Ответить