A4 B7 No Communications on some modules

Technical issues

Вопросы по установке. Монтаж, пайка, проводки...
Questions about the installation. Mounting, soldering, wiring ...
Ответить
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  23 мар 2020, 16:22

I recently installed ColorMFA on my A4 B7 and is currently running latest firmware, b31. After I finished setting everything up on it, I did a full scan with VCDS (original interface) and noticed this error on some modules (08-Auto HVAC and 18-Parking Heater, 46-Central Convenience):
01317 - Control Module in Instrument Cluster (J285)
49-00 No Communications
According to ross-tech wiki it has to do with the can-bus wiring, but what can the problem be here? everything works how it should on the ColorMFA, except for NAVI, but I have audio data, which means info can is working, car shows every door opening/closing, which means convenience can is working, motor-can I believe it's working, since I have all other info available. NAVI works fine with original cluster and no errors of no communications on it.

Since is not intermittent, it won't clear. I didn't had this errors prior to installing ColorMFA. Can this be because I've coded the cluster to "Highline without DIS" (I didn't touch the setting referring to "Level 1, 2") in order to deactivate the control of original screen? Or is it anything else I should set on ColorMFA?
I have WEBASTO as well and it won't work via remote if it has fault codes stored. I need to fix these errors somehow.

I also have factory fitted RNS-E navi and it does't show up when I plan a route and start the guidance. No green "NAVI" text. Any settings I should tweak for this inside Debug area to get it to work? I'll wait for your advices. Thank you!

Later edit: After I studied the CAN BUS wiring diagram for my car, I noticed these modules are all connected to the same CAN (convenience), so I assume it has something to do with CAN resistance, maybe. I will scan all other modules connected to convenience CAN and see if it logs the same error or just these 3 modules are affected, but so far I only noticed it on the above mentioned modules.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 01:29

Check all wires connected from ColorMFA to cluster. Short circuit to adjacent wires, bad soldering, e.t.c. Check cluster connectors. Must be right connected to cluster.
In ColorMFA firmware check data in CAN-monitor. Separately by each CAN (set checkbox only for Motor-CAN -> See data, set checkbox only for Comfort-CAN -> see data, set checkbox only for Info-CAN -> see data). In hidden settings take photo of Debug->Hardware->CAN Status and put it here.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 09:52

I did do a double check of all connections before I put it in the car, nothing was wrong. All info is working, nothing is suspicious, but I will check all connections again. Here is the photo of CAN status in Debug and I will check each CAN separately, as you said. What about the navi not working? NAVI not working with ColorMFA
NAVI working with original cluster
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 11:29

You installed ColorMFA to not your original cluster... But you changed coding in this cluster for supporting Navi ?
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 11:35

Yes. I copied all coding and features from my original cluster. I will check these again too, maybe I mistyped some number somewhere. I now finished checking all connections on board again and seems all are fine. I used a multimeter to make sure each wire goes where it should on the ColorMFA board. Here are some pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Unv4PatB6HeAQBCUA
I will go to the car now and check CAN monitors and update the album with pictures.
Последний раз редактировалось mmgherasim 24 мар 2020, 11:38, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 11:36

What coding is set in adaptation channels 60, 61 and 62 ?
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 12:03

Check the photos album again. I’ve added photos with the codings and can monitors. For some reason, after I did the codings again, the errors changed to intermittent. I’ve cleared them and so far so good, but navi still not working.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 12:10

After change coding need to send the cluster to "sleep".
Turn ignition Off and close car (with key or remote) for 10-15min. And check again.
Also check Navigation settings in ColorMFA menu. Navi must be enabled.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 12:23

Navigation is enabled from menu. In Debug it should be Audi color, Audi master or both checked? Will check later for errors and report back.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 12:23

Do not change settings in Debug menu.
This options only for NOT Audi cars. Uncheck both.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 13:03

It was checked Audi color when I first checked. I will uncheck both.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 15:32

I got rid of the errors for now and, hopefully, they won't come back. I also managed to get the navi screen to show by chosing from the menu "Show immediately", but if I exit the navi screen I can't go back to it because the green 'navi' text shows for a split second and disappears and nothing happens if I long press reset. If I enter the menu and exit out, the green navi text shows up again for a split second and goes away. Is this a bug?
Check this video.

About WEBASTO... Can you now look for info about it on CAN if I use the remote to turn it on and off?
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 15:50

Set correct coding in adaptation channel 19. As described in installation manual.

I know how to control webasto via CAN-bus on A48E. But there is a conflict with the cluster, if use control from ColorMFA.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 мар 2020, 16:58

The coding is set according to instructions: 1-Highline without DIS. Should I also set 0 to Level 1 and 2 setting?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QfJCsFqYgUJrA7ET6

About WEBASTO: What if we code the cluster there is no webasto installed, can u still control it, without conflicts?
Later edit:
Not working, coding is correct.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/N4jcz48DatwgbfMB8

Later edit2: I also found a bug with the average speed. I took a quick 10 km ride and drove with speeds above 100km/h for more thank half of the trip, then came back home and stopped. The average speed shows 12km/h. This can't be accurate. Take a look at this video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kzWhXZL51yPQgRPk8
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  25 мар 2020, 02:55

You were unlucky. In A4B7 presents some clusters where not possible to disable original screen functions via coding. If not possible to disable this functions is also not possible normal usage of navi in ColorMFA screen. Because on each press to "reset" original screen switch between original screen data (does not matter what you removed this screen) and stop navigation show/update.

Does not fully functional if remove coding in cluster.

Average speed works as expected.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  25 мар 2020, 10:20

Before I install ColorMFA I tested what that coding does on that cluster and it did disable the up/down/reset combination buttons. Nothing happened on the screen when I put the coding for 'Highline without DIS'. So average speed adds the speed 0 to calculation when you're idleing? Is this the normal function for the original as well? Because I don't remember if I saw it working like this. If this is the case, then it's all good, except navi :( I will try in the near future to swap the ColorMFA to a color cluster and see how it behaves. Maybe, until then, you can push an update about that english thing I did, only what you find is suitable. The webasto I'm guessing it won't work as I said, because it will log an error it can't communicate with the cluster and it won't start even if ColorMFA can control it, so more research about this is needed. Thank you!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
Ответить