Small Navi mode bug with RNS-E

Technical issues

Вопросы по установке. Монтаж, пайка, проводки...
Questions about the installation. Mounting, soldering, wiring ...
Ответить
auditechnik

Сообщение  24 ноя 2019, 15:55

I have a B5 Audi S4 with ColorMFA, currently running the b29 firmware. My car also has the RNS-E Navigation/radio. In navi mode, the ColorMFA shows the correct bar graph, arrow and other info. If I press the up/down button on the end of my wiper stalk, nothing happens to the display, but in reality it was changing the "current main screen" that is masked by the Navi screen. For example, if I was on the "Current consumption" screen before navi mode is activated, and then I press the up/down button during Navi mode, then after navi mode ends, and it returns to the main screen, it will no longer be on "Current consumption".

What's the more important problem is that during navi mode, if I press the Reset button, it correctly shows the menu and I can do other stuff. But when I exit from the menu, it doesn't always return to navi mode but goes to the main screen instead. If I press Reset o go back to the menu again and then exit the menu, it might go back to navi, or it might take a few more tries.

It would be really nice if there is a way to toggle between all three modes: Main screen, Menu or Navi. The original FIS can do this using the Reset button, but not on ColorMFA.
2001.5 B5 Audi S4 with ColorMFA, RNS-E, Bjarne CANGate, factory Bluetooth and Phatnoise Phatbox
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  25 ноя 2019, 01:23

If I press the up/down button on the end of my wiper stalk, nothing happens to the display, but in reality it was changing the "current main screen" that is masked by the Navi screen.
In some situation is possible. I'll fix it.
What's the more important problem is that during navi mode, if I press the Reset button, it correctly shows the menu and I can do other stuff. But when I exit from the menu, it doesn't always return to navi mode but goes to the main screen instead. If I press Reset o go back to the menu again and then exit the menu, it might go back to navi, or it might take a few more tries.
Look this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AqWk7JKndo
Is a test mode in A38P, but this video about you problem.
Each time when pressed "Reset", original screen is switching between Trip mode and Navi mode. This function not possible to disable in some cars. Original screen control all exchange with Navi (in FullFIS cluster in VW and on all clusters in Audi). ColorMFA only parsing this exchange and cannot interfere with the transfer process. When cluster switched to Trip mode, it send command to Navi like "stop transfer data". And Navi info not update and disappeared from ColorMFA screen.
In some cars this "switches" possible disable via coding (disable all Trip function), in some cars is not possible.
I think in you car need cut wires on cluster PCB, going from the wiper stalk buttons to the cluster MPU (how everyone does it when installed ColorMFA in VW cars). Anyway, it is possible that the navigation display will disappear from the screen when the door opens (when it is displayed on the original screen).
If in you cluster present support disable Navi exchange, you may disable it and enable Audi Navi options in ColorMFA hidden menu. In this mode ColorMFA fully control all exchange and problem is solved. But I not seen any Audi cluster where possible fully disable this function. Even if disable possible, cluster anyways send command like "I'm here" and block all transfer from ColorMFA. But you may check it.
It would be really nice if there is a way to toggle between all three modes: Main screen, Menu or Navi. The original FIS can do this using the Reset button, but not on ColorMFA.
Very similar selection is worked in ColorMFA. In any mode (Navi or Trip) a short press on the reset goes to the menu. Long press on the reset switches Navi/Trip mode.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
auditechnik

Сообщение  25 ноя 2019, 11:40

Thanks @autopilot, I'll try what you described and see what happens.
2001.5 B5 Audi S4 with ColorMFA, RNS-E, Bjarne CANGate, factory Bluetooth and Phatnoise Phatbox
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  27 мар 2020, 22:21

Same thing, described by auditechnik, happens on my car with factory fitted RNS-E. If I plan a route on navi, the green 'NAVI' text appears and stays on ColorMFA, waiting for me to switch to it. If I hold reset and switch to it, it goes to the navi screen normally, but if I exit out and want to go back to it, I can't. Green 'NAVI' text disappears and if I enter menu and exit out, navi mode appears for a split second then goes back to trip mode. If I go to Navigation settings in Menu and tick or untick 'Show immediately' and exit out of the menu, the navi screen is back and working. And sometimes, like you will see in the video, while in navigation mode, if I press up/down buttons, the trip screen changes behind nave and you can see after I exit out of navi, trip switches from Current speed that was left on. Maybe there's still something you can do inside the firmware to fix this. Thank you!
Here is the video.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
Ответить