Enabling ME7.x CAN Messages

Technical issues

Вопросы по установке. Монтаж, пайка, проводки...
Questions about the installation. Mounting, soldering, wiring ...
Ответить
planeboy18

Сообщение  24 ноя 2019, 06:47

We all know ColorMFA requires CANBus to work fully, but here's the oddball thing, some B5 S4's and 8N TT's have xxx920xxx clusters with CANBus wires factory installed but for Powertrain CAN (adaption channel 60) the value is set to 0 and tacho is run off analog wave signal and there's no CAN messages to cluster. Changing adaption channel to 1025/1027 causes tacho to stop working and oil pressure warnings and of course still doesn't enable the traffic from the ECU. On S4's I've been getting around this by having a tuner just flash A box ECU's (no CANBus to cluster) to MBox ones (CANBus to clusters) with Bosch MAF tables and setting cluster adaption channel to 1025/1027.

I'm no ECU expert whatsoever but wonder what is actually responsible for enabling these CAN messages? Just a byte or 2 in the ECU EEPROM or is it actually in the flash and/or both? Seen this pop up a few times on the forum (though some of those were actually due to 919 clusters) and would like to not only get around this issue without having to bother the tuner once a month for flashing ECU's but also add the info to the ColorMFA install guides on the site.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  25 ноя 2019, 01:34

Unfortunately, I have no information on this. :(
Most of clusters for Audi (A4B5, TT, A3, A6C5) from ~1999-2003 support both connection. With CAN-bus and without CAN-bus (separate wire). How to enable CAN-bus in engine ECU I don't know. And I don’t know if it is possible or not.
:(
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
planeboy18

Сообщение  26 ноя 2019, 00:22

That's the weird thing. It works without changing any hardware. Just flashing the ECU (tuner does eeprom and flash but may not need to even do that much) then changing cluster Powertrain CAN value. But I have no idea what part of the .bin on either eeprom or flash does it.

Edit: It appears these need changed in the flash (addresses are for MBox)
cw_can_s_0_a 0x12C80
cw_can_s_1_a 0x12C82
cw_can_r_0_a 0x12C7A
cw_can_r_1_a 0x12C7C
cw_can_r_2_a 0x12C7E
cw_can_c 0x10191
Ответить