Black screen

Technical issues

Вопросы по установке. Монтаж, пайка, проводки...
Questions about the installation. Mounting, soldering, wiring ...
Ответить
rsougti

Сообщение  16 сен 2019, 12:25

Hello,
I had a little problem yesterday:
The screen remained black when the ignition was turned on. The temperature of the day was high (about 30 ° C), maybe that's the reason? does colormfa have temperature monitoring and safety?
I disconnected the cluster and reconnected it the next morning and everything works good.
Do you have an explication, please?

Nice a good day
Golf IV TDI 130 2002
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  16 сен 2019, 18:37

Hi. Problem with "black screen" is present. But it appears very, very rarely. Unfortunately, this problem has not been 100% resolved at this time. It very rarely appears and it is very difficult to "catch" this problem.
The problem is not related to temperature. For quick recovery, you can pull out the fuse of cluster for 15-30 seconds.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
rsougti

Сообщение  16 сен 2019, 21:30

Hi,

Thanks for your answser :)
I have pull out the fuse15 of cluster during 15 seconds, but I think that it was the fuse11, no ?
Golf IV TDI 130 2002
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  16 сен 2019, 23:12

In Golf IV fuse 15 should be responsible for cluster power.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
AMiDDoS

Сообщение  17 сен 2019, 15:28

rsougti писал(а):
16 сен 2019, 12:25
Hello,
I had a little problem yesterday:
The screen remained black when the ignition was turned on. The temperature of the day was high (about 30 ° C), maybe that's the reason? does colormfa have temperature monitoring and safety?
I disconnected the cluster and reconnected it the next morning and everything works good.
Do you have an explication, please?

Nice a good day
What is the firmware version installed in your ColorMFA device?

Already uses ColorMFA around the 2 years and had same issue only one time - when just received and installed ColorMFA on my Audi. On the next day caught the problem with Black Screen too. Though that we did something wrong, but after re-connection all connector my instrument cluster display came back to a life (didn't know yet that may just remove the fuse, in my case seems it #5 - so not tried this solution).

Later at evening found on forum mentions about same problems. As I remember, my devise came to me with Firmware v2.9.4b22 (or below) in stock and I saw recommendation upgrade it to the latest version first where already were applied few fixes for this problem (from b23+, but at that time latest was v2.9.4b24). I've upgraded firmware version at the same day and up to now had no this problem anymore (all this time I used v2.9.4b24 and only few days ago upgraded it again up to v2.9.4b29).

So if you still use old software version and problem is repeats - maybe have sense try to upgrade firmware of your device up to the latest version (where moreover were added a few new and interesting features) :)
Audi A6 C5 Avant 2.5 TDI AYM FWD (Model 2002+)
ColorMFA Firmware: v2.9.4b29
rsougti

Сообщение  18 сен 2019, 00:16

Hi,

thanks AMiDDoS ;)

I have the last version 2.9.4.b29
Golf IV TDI 130 2002
Ответить