Oil warning light not displayed

Technical issues

Вопросы по установке. Монтаж, пайка, проводки...
Questions about the installation. Mounting, soldering, wiring ...
Ответить
pablobnc

Сообщение  25 июл 2019, 17:00

Hi, yesterday I installed the ColorMFA on my dash, apparently everything works fine, except the oil warining. I used vagcom to do dash output test to check if all warnings are displayed on the ColorMFA, but the oil warning is not displayed.

Today I have done the oil change, when all the oil was out, I switch on to see if ColorMFA warn about that, but it doesn't.

What can be? A bad weld? I attach an image where I weld the TrInput1.
Golf IV 2001 INMO 3 Dash 1J5 920 826
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  25 июл 2019, 21:13

Oil level warning in ColorMFA not tested via VAG-COM because ColorMFA show warning only on running engine.
You heard buzzer ? In cluster w.o.FIS or with HalfFIS, oil level warning generated by original system. If original system works you must heard buzzer even if you incorrect connect wire to ColorMFA.
In original system oil level calculation reset after each bonnet opening. After open bonnet need drive more then 100km for recalculation oil level value and generate warning.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
pablobnc

Сообщение  25 июл 2019, 23:27

That can be what happen, but then, why the brake pads warning its displayed when I do the output test (with the engine off)?

When I drained the oil and switched on (engine off) I didn't hear any buzzer, then I think that the connection its correct.

I hope that if I'm without oil, cluster or colorMFA warn me

And another doubt, the black tape to avoid the bright of color mfa through the high light hole, it should be sticked directli above the lcd? Or first I should put the plastic protector and then put the black tape above it?
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  26 июл 2019, 05:42

When I drained the oil and switched on (engine off) I didn't hear any buzzer
You manually drained the oil ? You opened bonnet for do this ? Read what I wrote before... need drive more than 100km after bonnet opened for show oil level warning. Is a original algorithm. In original system oil level calculation and warning generation working only while driving.
And another doubt, the black tape to avoid the bright of color mfa through the high light hole, it should be sticked directli above the lcd? Or first I should put the plastic protector and then put the black tape above it?
Matte protection film must put to LCD, black type to protection film.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
pablobnc

Сообщение  26 июл 2019, 12:40

Okay, all right! Thank you!
Ответить