Low oil level detection

Interface and features

Все вопросы о внешнем виде и функциях ColorMFA
All questions about the appearance and functions of ColorMFA
Ответить
sg1

Сообщение  27 май 2019, 11:09

As I understand low oil level signal icon in ColorMFA main screen notification area is triggered from yellow led in instrument cluster, not from data that ColorMFA get from sensor and show as graphical real time oil level, nor from calculation it makes to show dipstick oil level (right bar) which i can say that very good matches to what can I see on real dipstick.

I think we allready found that presence of this LED does not 100 % mean that there is really oil low level warning support in the cluster.

It looks that my original 3B0920820 does never triger that LED. It was so on original setup (before ColorMFA) and now with ColorMFA built in, even when I see blinking MIN in oil level measurement menu (and it was really on min when I check dipstick !)

I remember that I get several times low level warning icon on full fis cluster 3B0920840 which I have built in car for some years before I put back original upgraded with ColorMFA.

Now the idea is quite simple - will be very nice if possible to enable in fw oil low level warning icon on main screen when MIN is blinking in oil level measurement menu. Could be optional of course…

PS: of topic, but see attachement - picture from main ColorMFA web page. I think low must be instead of high. Same in Russian too.
Вложения
Passat b5, immo 2, 1,8 T APU
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  28 май 2019, 08:54

Thanks. I corrected the text.

About oil level warning... I'll try to make options for enable warning with use internal level calculation for HalfFIS/w.o.FIS clusters. For FullFIS cluster this warning used internal calculation value by default, because not present warning LED for oil level and it not present in other places (CAN-bus, wires, e.t.c.).
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
sg1

Сообщение  06 июл 2019, 18:20

Hi, yesterday i get correct low oil level alarm trigered with internal level calculation. It equlals very good with minimum line on dipstick. So i can confirm it works ! Thank you for that nice improvement.
There was only one glitch. When oil low level yellow icon appears bepper starts to beep and did not stop any way ! The only way to quiet it was to disable internal oil level calculation in debug menu (but then icon disapeared too of course). I think that the importance of alarm deserves one or maximum three beeps, then the icon is enough to not forget on it.

And by the way - question about possibility to add passanger side mirror down and up when in reverse in immo 2 fw to outputs instead of can ? I have everything wired (with two adequate resistors) Just need signal on outputs…
If not possible i think i can develop a separate circuit which can do the same, but it will be much more easy to get it from ColorMFA, which already have most of logic to do it programed.
Passat b5, immo 2, 1,8 T APU
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  06 июл 2019, 20:57

When oil low level yellow icon appears bepper starts to beep and did not stop any way !
I'll check it.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
Ответить