REQUEST FOR NEW FEATURES / Предложения по новым функциям

Interface and features

Все вопросы о внешнем виде и функциях ColorMFA
All questions about the appearance and functions of ColorMFA
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  05 мар 2018, 20:10

Radio info for B5A4. This is the number 1 thing the B5 people have asked me about.
May he make some photo of CAN-monitor in car ? With active Comfort/Info-CAN.
Some fixes for audio data in A4B5 is made in b22. What firmware he used ?
For hidden menu, you mean this?
Hmm... May be my english is so bad.... :(
I'm write you in previous post "just highlight my previous post."
If you not understand "highlight post", press Ctrl-A (Select all) on this page and reread all again.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
Irbiss

Сообщение  05 мар 2018, 21:35

Ok, ;-).
Thx for support again.

Holger
Golf IV 2002
full FIS
RNS 510

Audi A4 (S4) B6
RNSE 193
RVC & OPS
planeboy18

Сообщение  05 мар 2018, 23:16

autopilot писал(а):
05 мар 2018, 20:10
Radio info for B5A4. This is the number 1 thing the B5 people have asked me about.
May he make some photo of CAN-monitor in car ? With active Comfort/Info-CAN.
Some fixes for audio data in A4B5 is made in b22. What firmware he used ?
A4B5 B22 firmware.
Comfort CAN Traffic with radio on is below.
Вложения
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  06 мар 2018, 11:12

I'm not see any audio info in CAN.
In A4B5 possible two way to audio-devices connection.
1. CAN-bus - "new" type of connection and "new" audio-devices
2. 3LB (3 wires: Data, Clock, Enable) - "old" type of connection and "old" audio-devices
ColorMFA does not support 3LB connection. Only CAN-bus.

This also applies to VW/Skoda/A3/A6. Also possible 2 type of connection. Only CAN-bus is supported.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
sg1

Сообщение  06 мар 2018, 16:42

autopilot писал(а):
05 мар 2018, 17:42
All TrInput work with up to 16V (car battery/alternator voltage)
But different "no error/default" state.
TrInput9 and 10 - not connected or short to GND = no error. Short to +12 = error
TrInput11 - not connected or short to GND = no rear gear. Short to +12 = rear gear
TrInput12 - short to +12 = no error. Unconnected or short to GND = error

TrInput12 need activate in hidden menu. It not check DHC error by default.
Very good info to know before install. You can think enthusiats who install colormfa allready have some non standard features in their cars. I have bulb failure relay in passat 3b so i need to add two wires to the wiring !
What about rear boot open detection in IMMO 2 car ? I remember i had to add aditional wire from 1j0 CCM to blue/16 conector on cluster.

And a final question: is it possible to add any new languages ?

Best regards, Sašo
Passat b5, immo 2, 1,8 T APU
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  06 мар 2018, 18:10

What about rear boot open detection in IMMO 2 car ? I remember i had to add aditional wire from 1j0 CCM to blue/16 conector on cluster.
Rear lid must work without any external connection. It tested on passat and golf. No have problem.
I have bulb failure relay in passat 3b so i need to add two wires to the wiring !
It must not only connected to ColorMFA. Need add pullup resistors to this wires.
This connection is designed to use original schematic. In original schematic present pullup resistors in dashboard for this connections.
is it possible to add any new languages ?
In b23 will be added:
Spanish
Czech
Italian
Polish

Only interface translation (except Spanish). Diagnostics is still in English. In Spanish diagnostics is also in Spanish.

You need other language ?
sg1

Сообщение  07 мар 2018, 10:26

I have 4B0 919 471 bulb failure detection relay. I think it works with GND on both outputs when lamps are OK, but dont know if it just disconnect GND from output when lamp failure (in that case pullup resistor is required of course) or it gives + 12 on output ? If first case please suggest me optimal resistance needed for pullup.

Regards the languages - it is allways nice to have your own language on interface, but I know that demand for Slovenian will be only little above zero :(
I understand that any additional language consumes space in colormfa eeprom which is limited, but really dont have an idea how much is still available. If possible to add my language to menu I would be glad to translate into it. We have three special characters with roofs on them (š, č ž) but a lot of words are without them, or it is possible to use (s, c z) instead
Diagnostics in English is good.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  07 мар 2018, 13:25

I have 4B0 919 471 bulb failure detection relay. I think it works with GND on both outputs when lamps are OK, but dont know if it just disconnect GND from output when lamp failure (in that case pullup resistor is required of course) or it gives + 12 on output ? If first case please suggest me optimal resistance needed for pullup.
Need pullup for normal working. Possible to add any resistor from ~8KOhm to ~20KOhm.
Some guys who installed this module added 10KOhm. He found unused pins in dashboard (realy unused, checked twise :) ) and make all needed connection inside dashboard.
Like this:
https://www.drive2.ru/l/451757717967602903/
https://www.drive2.ru/l/483662796626592017/
Is a Golf.
Also you may add diode in pullup lines for more protection dashboard power.

About translation: https://colormfa.ru/download/mfdb_en.rar
Do not change line numbers and associated text.
Files must be in UTF-8.
Make all word and phrases short if possible (need fit to screen).
Preserve all special chars like: \n, \x83, \204, %d and so on.

In file en_lang_menu.c not need to translate lines: 73-76, 82-138, 142-152, 156-163, 165.

After make translation, put files to any file-hosting and give me link.
sg1

Сообщение  08 мар 2018, 16:36

UTF-8 means that č, š, ž can be used ? I already go through and found that only small letters with roofs are needed, there is no single case where capital letter with roof is needed.
Please confirm if it is ok, if not i will simple replace all of them with c, s, z.
planeboy18

Сообщение  08 мар 2018, 17:37

autopilot писал(а):
06 мар 2018, 11:12
I'm not see any audio info in CAN.
In A4B5 possible two way to audio-devices connection.
1. CAN-bus - "new" type of connection and "new" audio-devices
2. 3LB (3 wires: Data, Clock, Enable) - "old" type of connection and "old" audio-devices
ColorMFA does not support 3LB connection. Only CAN-bus.

This also applies to VW/Skoda/A3/A6. Also possible 2 type of connection. Only CAN-bus is supported.
Any plans to add 3LB integration?
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  08 мар 2018, 18:03

means that č, š, ž can be used ?
Yes. You may use č, š, ž, Š, Č, Ž.
Any plans to add 3LB integration?
No. Sorry.
sg1

Сообщение  09 мар 2018, 12:16

Here they are - packed translated files.

And one idea - is it possible to connect (any - i do not have one now) bluetooth module instead of navi ?
In any case - those old navies are pretty obsolete now. Lets say that door open control also can be sacrificed (i mean not connected CCM to confort CAN).
In that case confort/infotainment CAN input on color mfa would be free and could be used to connect an (VAG) CAN compatible bluetooth phone module to show phone data on colormfa. Not a request - just an idea...
Вложения
mfdb_si.rar
(6.53 КБ) 215 скачиваний
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  10 мар 2018, 02:55

Here they are - packed translated files.
Thanks. I'm add translation to firmware and send to you for testing.
And one idea - is it possible to connect (any - i do not have one now) bluetooth module instead of navi ?
In any case - those old navies are pretty obsolete now. Lets say that door open control also can be sacrificed (i mean not connected CCM to confort CAN).
In that case confort/infotainment CAN input on color mfa would be free and could be used to connect an (VAG) CAN compatible bluetooth phone module to show phone data on colormfa. Not a request - just an idea...
For immo2 cars is not possible.
uosiu

Сообщение  12 мар 2018, 01:35

Hi,
Does ColorMFA support monitoring of light bulbs connected to trailer hitch?
Factory FIS shows warnings about trailer lights malfunctions.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  12 мар 2018, 01:48

Hi.
No. Is not supported.
For what car you need check trailer lights ?
uosiu

Сообщение  12 мар 2018, 12:07

autopilot писал(а):
12 мар 2018, 01:48
Hi.
No. Is not supported.
For what car you need check trailer lights ?
It's a 2004 Audi A4 B6 with factory trailer hitch.
Original FIS shows warnings about left/right dipped light, high beam, parking light, left/right turn signal or left/right stop light.
Also, it shows warnings about trailer left/right, front and stop lights.
alkeemik

Сообщение  12 мар 2018, 13:18

autopilot писал(а):
20 фев 2018, 21:27
I have a DSG box in my car
ColorMFA is not have "native" support of DSG (only partial), because DSG is not factory equipped on this cars. It may work in "compatible" mode (with old engine), or with original mode (with new engines). But I need see how DSG work in you car.
May you make some photo of CAN-monitor with active Motor-CAN ? Data on screen is scrolled, need to fit all data to photo.
Изображение
Изображение
Изображение
Изображение
Изображение
Изображение

And is it possible to show big gear number in the center of the screen. It would be a nice feature when on track.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  12 мар 2018, 21:10

Original FIS shows warnings about left/right dipped light, high beam, parking light, left/right turn signal or left/right stop light.
Checked more lamps than it says here.
Also, it shows warnings about trailer left/right, front and stop lights.
If you make some CAN-logs, I'm add this checks to ColorMFA.
And is it possible to show big gear number in the center of the screen. It would be a nice feature when on track.
Gear number in center of screen ? Why ? :no:
alkeemik

Сообщение  13 мар 2018, 11:13

autopilot писал(а):
12 мар 2018, 21:10
Gear number in center of screen ? Why ? :no:
Because if you are on track then you would know in witch gear you are :)
geos3
Контакты:

Сообщение  13 мар 2018, 11:29

Many engines, Audi 1.8T 225 BAM from TT and S3, Audi S4 and RS4 2.7T B5, have factory EGT. It is in Group 112. It would be very nice to have this value as option to show on main screen.
Also, AFR ratio from wideband lambda would be nice, group 31. These are factory sensors, very important if engines have been modified or chip tuned
Ответить