REQUEST FOR NEW FEATURES / Предложения по новым функциям

Interface and features

Все вопросы о внешнем виде и функциях ColorMFA
All questions about the appearance and functions of ColorMFA
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  04 апр 2020, 18:13

You shouldn't do diagnosis while driving
Why ? This is one of the main functions for checking engine parameters. Only while driving... Full load, partial load, e.t.c. :)
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  04 апр 2020, 21:17

I meant like checking fault codes and clearing faults and stuff. Live data is other thing :) I use it while driving as well, but don't check ECUs for faults or other things that can distract you more than 1 second from driving.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
sg1

Сообщение  04 апр 2020, 23:09

mmgherasim писал(а):
03 апр 2020, 18:30
You think you can make so that when the car is 'OK' and has no warnings to display at the bottom, instead of the OK text to display fuel range, for example? Like in this photo. It would be nice to show other info when there are no warnings. Thank you!
I like this idea too ! It would be nice not to vaste precious place on screen for most of the time.
Passat b5, immo 2, 1,8 T APU
lateralus

Сообщение  06 апр 2020, 10:58

mmgherasim писал(а):
04 апр 2020, 21:17
I meant like checking fault codes and clearing faults and stuff. Live data is other thing :) I use it while driving as well, but don't check ECUs for faults or other things that can distract you more than 1 second from driving.
No no my Friend - leave it as is :) Just because you don't use it, it doesn't mean someone else doesn't ;)

sg1 писал(а):
04 апр 2020, 23:09
I like this idea too ! It would be nice not to vaste precious place on screen for most of the time.
Same here - pretty good idea but in my humble opinion should be provided like an option (on/off). I like to see when ColorMFA telling me that status of my car is OK :good: and i suppose that im not the only one :D
2003 VW Golf IV 1.9TDI AXR # ColorMFA from 7th batch (MFDB v3.2 on 1J5 920 926C)
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  06 апр 2020, 12:06

lateralus писал(а):
06 апр 2020, 10:58
No no my Friend - leave it as is :) Just because you don't use it, it doesn't mean someone else doesn't ;)
You didn't pay attention to what I meant. The option was already there, but it was turned off in my case. So, this stays the same. Everyone is free to do what they want while driving, their business.
lateralus писал(а):
06 апр 2020, 10:58
sg1 писал(а):
04 апр 2020, 23:09
Same here - pretty good idea but in my humble opinion should be provided like an option (on/off). I like to see when ColorMFA telling me that status of my car is OK :good: and i suppose that im not the only one :D
I think this could be done, I just gave an example. Maybe an option to choose what we want to see instead of the 'OK' text. This way we gain another position for another parameter we want to see on main screen.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
lateralus

Сообщение  06 апр 2020, 13:52

mmgherasim писал(а):
06 апр 2020, 12:06
You didn't pay attention to what I meant. The option was already there, but it was turned off in my case. So, this stays the same. Everyone is free to do what they want while driving, their business.
Hmm.. Now im confused.. I understood Your sentence that you wanted to turn-off checking faults codes while driving, correct?

In my case checking errors while driving is useful. I had situation with one of the sensors (coolant sensor?.. if I remember correctly) - it produced errors only when I was driving. My friend have scrap-heap with used cars so I have possibility to reach used original sensor (for free)... and checking fault codes while driving was the fastest way to verify which one was functional..

mmgherasim писал(а):
06 апр 2020, 12:06
I think this could be done, I just gave an example. Maybe an option to choose what we want to see instead of the 'OK' text. This way we gain another position for another parameter we want to see on main screen.
Of course I agree with Your idea Friend. Another position for another parameter - this will be the next little advantage of this great device which is ColorMFA 8) My suggestion only is to add this like an option ;)

Cheers mate! :beer:
2003 VW Golf IV 1.9TDI AXR # ColorMFA from 7th batch (MFDB v3.2 on 1J5 920 926C)
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  06 апр 2020, 15:04

lateralus писал(а):
06 апр 2020, 13:52
Hmm.. Now im confused.. I understood Your sentence that you wanted to turn-off checking faults codes while driving, correct?
No, no, no. Not at all. :) I was only referring to the menu timeout before it goes away when there is no input in the menu, so we don't have to find our way back to the main screen scrolling through 'Back' and 'Exit'. The option was already in ColorMFA, only it was turned off on my device and I didn't find it before posting. Cheers! :beer:
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
lateralus

Сообщение  08 апр 2020, 01:51

mmgherasim писал(а):
06 апр 2020, 15:04
(...) I was only referring to the menu timeout before it goes away when there is no input in the menu.. (...)
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I saw autopilot sentence "Why ? This is one of the main functions for checking engine parameters. Only while driving..." and I didnt rolled back to previous page :oops: Good that we have it clear now :good:
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  09 апр 2020, 15:44

Is there a way to make the audio data name field show more characters? Or this is the info sent by the unit and the only way to display it? The source field only takes 2 or 3 characters if we use FM/MP3/CD/AUX and it's a waste of space between source and name fields. It would be great if it can be done to show more characters on name field.
Example: Here only shows "50 CENT" when it can show the entire song name: 50 CENT - Candy shop.
Thank you!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  10 апр 2020, 01:18

Not possible to increase size. Limited to 2 lines (left and right on ColorMFA), 8 chars each line. Exchange protocol restriction on this cars.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  10 апр 2020, 09:05

I also thought it's cars's fault, but I hoped something can be done. No problem, I'll either use it as it is or just disable it and show something more important instead. Thank you!

Later edit:

Can you tweak the fade out animation of the launch screen? It looks kinda choppy. :)
And can you also make that, when in reverse, cornering lights work inverted? Turn right = turn on left fog and viceversa? Thank you!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  11 апр 2020, 07:35

Can you tweak the fade out animation of the launch screen?
No, sorry. Most users who use these features want a much faster update. Without any fading or slowdown.
And can you also make that, when in reverse, cornering lights work inverted?
It already works like that.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  11 апр 2020, 11:31

autopilot писал(а):
11 апр 2020, 07:35
It already works like that.
I swear last night I dreamed about this answer. :) LOL :D I had no one with me to test it, that’s why I asked, but I assumed it should work this way.
About the animation, at least can you make it go straight to main screen with no animation at all? Like the startup. When it exits out it looks like, for a split second goes back to launch control screen and then exits back out to main screen, that’s why I asked for a tweak. No need to make it smoother or longer, maybe just remove it if any. Thank you!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
fifoIV

Сообщение  15 апр 2020, 14:07

Hi autopilot, I have one big challenge for you:D is it possible to use one pin for switch colorMFA design to "sport/race mode"? I have multimap on switch so when I press the button it changes map and it could change design too, it would be nice to have someting like that. It could fade to orange, green, red (values could be set by user) when time to change gear (I mean whole display not only selected gear, something like SRT Viper GTS has) and show most important numbers like RPM, boost pressure, speed, oil pressure and oil temperature, what do you think about that? thx
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  16 апр 2020, 19:10

You think you can make these gaps to be the same, no matter what type of info is shown? Yellow arrows (audio data, outside temp., oil temp. and remaining fuel) have the same gap, but orange arrow (fuel range) doesn't and looks like the display is not aligned properly when, in fact, it is centered. It's something that has to do with the proportional font you talked about or it can be modified? If it can't be, no worries. Can you add this background in the next update, please? :D
Thank you!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  23 апр 2020, 15:48

mmgherasim писал(а):
01 апр 2020, 16:58
If you could add an option to work based on light sensor signal, it would be great.
I kind of solved this, for now, by just using a 4 PIN NO relay through which I put the 12v constant feed for the mosfets and used the 12v feed from parking lights to activate the relay. This way, cornering only works when I have at least parking lights turned on. But I still hope you can implement something based on light sensor, so I can get rid of the relay. Thanks!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
lateralus

Сообщение  25 апр 2020, 01:51

mmgherasim писал(а):
23 апр 2020, 15:48
mmgherasim писал(а):
01 апр 2020, 16:58
If you could add an option to work based on light sensor signal, it would be great.
I kind of solved this, for now, by just using a 4 PIN NO relay through which I put the 12v constant feed for the mosfets and used the 12v feed from parking lights to activate the relay. This way, cornering only works when I have at least parking lights turned on. But I still hope you can implement something based on light sensor, so I can get rid of the relay. Thanks!
Friends - maybe better idea (easier for now) will be to use an option with modified by user specific period of time (for example enable cornering lights form 19:00 to 6:30), instead of light sensor? I suppose that ColorMFA is able to read time from cluster/dash via CAN, correct?

autopilot - what You think about this idea?

P.S. Maybe adding an entry to cron will do the job :D of course im kidding :wink:
julius

Сообщение  28 апр 2020, 12:08

Пользуюсь уже второй год этим замечательным девайсом - нарадоваться не могу, за что авторам проекта огромная благодарность, но кое-какие предложения все-таки внесу:
1. Возможность отключения функции плавного включения экрана (не вижу смысла в ней в дневное время, да и в темное время тоже, т.к. заставка при запуске все равно на максимальной яркости)
2. Перенос меню угла поворота руля и показаний климатконтроля из скрытого раздела, например, в Измерения (кстати у меня там при включенной климе все по нулям кроме % вращения вентилятора), возможно визуализация других критичных систем авто (тут просто мысли в слух, вдруг кто-то что-нибудь предложит)
3. Поиск неисправностей сразу по всем блокам
4. Косвенный контроль давления в шинах (Юрий мне уже отвечал, что данный функционал раньше у цветного был, но работал так себе, вдруг что-то изменилось)
5. Отображение иконки включенного подогрева зеркал (зимой часто забываю отключать)
6. Вынос уровня масла по щупу на главный экран и возможность отключить сброс его уровня после открытия капота (капот открывают не только для доливки/замены масла)
7. Синхронизация мигания иконки "снежинка" со штатным звуковым оповещением (цветной, если мне не изменяет мой склероз, сигнализирует при температуре от +4.5 и ниже, а штатный сигнал начинает срабатывать при +4). Также можно бы было организовать вывод предупреждающего сообщения о возможном гололеде
8. Многие просят 3d-модель авто, вероятно, увидев ее в аналогичном проекте. Действительно, смотрится очень красиво. Как я понимаю, проблема в наличии людей с соответствующими навыками, кто бы смог взяться за реализацию. Если так, то может стоит бросить клич среди участников форума, в том числе нерусскоговорящих?
VW Passat B5+, приборка VDO 3B0 920 827 immo3 Half Fis
spl
Контакты:

Сообщение  01 май 2020, 08:59

2,3 пункт поддержу, а индикация климы и у меня ни чего не показывает.
VW T4 Eurovan 2001г., VR6 2.8
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  02 май 2020, 12:55

Point 1: I think fade in start looks nice even in daytime, this will come to autopilot's decision if it'll become an option or not.
Point 2: I also mentioned this once and autopilot said there's no real need for these options in the main menu since we don't use them often. He is kind of right, but it would be easier to access if it were in the main menu instead of debug menu.
Point 3: I don't know what exactly do you mean by this, but it it can be done, I support it.
Point 4: I don't use TPMS, so I let others comment on this.
Point 5: I think there's a timer which turns them off, since they come on with the rear window defroster button, at least on my car. But it will be nice to show an icon for this.
Point 6: I totally support this. I almost never see the oil level on the right, since I open the hood quite often for different checks and things.
Point 7: This would also be nice to have.
Point 8: This would be a very nice improvement if it can be done.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
Ответить