Все вопросы о внешнем виде и функциях ColorMFA
All questions about the appearance and functions of ColorMFA
volkswagenmotorsport

Сообщение  26 окт 2018, 15:12

autopilot писал(а):
18 окт 2018, 16:20
volkswagenmotorsport писал(а):
17 окт 2018, 21:22
hello. i am using the colormfa and i thought about some features for a more comfortable use.

first it will be great to have a clock shown in the upper line between trip time and trip length, or the opportunity to chance these parameters in the menu setup to show a clock instead of trip time/ trip length. this give the opportunity to clean the speedometer disc completely and use the colormfa in total for all drivers information only shown on a single display.

at next it really needs a easier way to show the total kilometers because technical services, like TÜV in germany, and car repair shops have to find it quick and easy to report it. a handsome place will be the swip-through main menu or service interval menu.

finally there is a translation mistake in the oil level display. the current oil level in the german version shows the short form "cur" for "current". maybe it will be useful to call it "Stand" for "level".
1. Not possible to remove (hide) time display. It's used to set current clock. Is a internal cluster function and I'm dont know how to set clock without them. Cluster clock is a global clock and used by other devices.
2. Possible add current total km to any display menu. But what for ? Not possible remove clock (see #1) and if not possible remove clock is also not good to remove original total km display (looks not good if remove (hide) only one original display).
3. This text is not translated. On any language is Cur and Min.
1. Ok, i understand that you can't get the clock from another point than the left little display. hiding the clock is not a problem because you only need a custom made speedometer disc without the display space. for my experience it is more comfortable to show the clock on the radio than having a super conspicuous single display in the speedometer disc showing it all the time. the space as described before would be perfect because there is no parameter shown up.

2. the reason to hide total km also is easy: it is not necessary to show it all time. it is not the main information that is need for trip. independently of the clock it would be great to have this in the swiping or in the service menu. it was not without reason that volksweagon removed the little displays and show the information in the main displays: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gqJby1ErZy4/maxresdefault.jpg

and because more and more would switch from blue to white or invert white background light: to hide both displays will solve the problem of dazzling light because or ghost symbols!

there is my speedometer disc + colormfa version, done by dirk/alp-coding - this is way more classy, more modern and absolutely current state of the art! hiding the little displays is amazing especially while driving on night trips!
Вложения
Worfje

Сообщение  14 ноя 2018, 00:14

Hi autopilot, would it be possible to allocate two output pins (seem available on connector 'out') to driving two switches? One switch could turn on left fog light and other switch could turn on right fog light.

The ColorMFA firmware should be capable of combining the current driving speed and angle of the steering wheel.
If speed below 50 km/hour and angle is above roughly 20 or 30 degrees in counter clock wise direction, it should enable output of switch one.
If speed below 50 km/hour and angle is below roughly 20 or 30 degrees in clock wise direction, it should enable output of switch one.

I am very interested if this is possible with the hardware and if you see the fun of adding it to the firmware.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  14 ноя 2018, 08:01

Output pins in ColorMFA is very low current pins. Not possible to directly connect to high current usage. Need make additional schematic.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
Worfje

Сообщение  14 ноя 2018, 23:54

Thanks for your answer. Sure, I anticipated that. It requires a cascade-switched circuit.

What is the current it can deliver?
For example, to switch a 2N2222A would require something around a base current of 20 mA.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  15 ноя 2018, 00:24

Safe use ~200mA. NPN, to ground while On, "float" while Off.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
sg1

Сообщение  19 ноя 2018, 10:21

Hi !
I am just fidling around turn signal relay (adding one to automatical turn them on when in reverse gear).
Reading this about unused outputs i get a terrific idea. Is there info about emergency braking (something like ABS active) on CAN ?
If yes then will be easy possible to automatically swtich on turn signals on emergency braking like modern cars do !
Passat b5, immo 2, 1,8 T APU
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  20 ноя 2018, 12:42

"ABS active" signal is present. But I'm not test it in real car. May be not all ABS controller support it.
Is possible to measure overload at braking (via speed). And use this value to enable flashing turn signal.
I'll think about this function...
sg1

Сообщение  22 ноя 2018, 16:13

Measuring deceleration via speed is also excellent idea. I read some literature about this and emergency braking means 0.8 g deceleration or more. It means if speed goes down more than 28 km/h in one second car brakes in emergency.
Could be done this way too !
Passat b5, immo 2, 1,8 T APU
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  24 ноя 2018, 11:37

See PM.
ianpgonzaga

Сообщение  26 ноя 2018, 14:01

Is it possible to have a boost reading of PSI with the rest of the measures in metric?
- PSI boost
- km/hr
- Litres/km

etc
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  26 ноя 2018, 15:13

Possible only group settings the units of measurements.
PSI available in UK and US units.
ianpgonzaga

Сообщение  26 ноя 2018, 21:43

But Australians like PSi plus metric for speedo and consumption

hahaha
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  27 ноя 2018, 15:54

May be in one of next firmware I'll add custom settings for each units value.
But currently only standard setting is possible.
One_m

Сообщение  10 дек 2018, 14:17

Здравствуйте! Можно ли добавить возможность вывода на дисплей общего пробега авто? После установки ColorMFA планирую убрать маленькие родные дисплеи.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  10 дек 2018, 19:57

Не уверен, но подумаю.
Dalnoboyshik

Сообщение  10 дек 2018, 21:52

А нельзя стрелочные приборы добавить на основной экран? Было бы удобней на мой взгляд.
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  10 дек 2018, 22:09

Тогда на основном экране ничего больше не будет. Тонкая полоска сверху и тонкая полоска снизу. Ни круиза, ни иконок ошибок, ничего не будет. Либо (если оставить все) приборы будут мелкими и толку от них никакого.
jyrgsy

Сообщение  11 дек 2018, 00:33

Hi.
Can it be added to menu that we can turn Launch Control option "ON" or "OFF" from debug menu or from somewhere else?
Audi A6 allroad 2.5 TDI 2004
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  11 дек 2018, 07:24

Need add options for enable/disable Launch Control screen in ColorMFA ? Or need options for enable/disable launch control in engine ECU ?
jyrgsy

Сообщение  11 дек 2018, 09:20

autopilot писал(а):
11 дек 2018, 07:24
Need add options for enable/disable Launch Control screen in ColorMFA ? Or need options for enable/disable launch control in engine ECU ?
From ColorMFA :)
Audi A6 allroad 2.5 TDI 2004
Ответить