REQUEST FOR NEW FEATURES / Предложения по новым функциям

Interface and features

Все вопросы о внешнем виде и функциях ColorMFA
All questions about the appearance and functions of ColorMFA
GregM

Сообщение  06 мар 2020, 05:30

Thanks. I did not know about all those combinations.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  06 мар 2020, 14:34

It would be nice if you could make the original buttons combinations for Audi A4 b7 firmware, which is:
short press UP/DOWN = leave as it is - change values on main screen
long press UP/DOWN = leave as it is, as in B7 it was the menu for Aux Heat/Ventilation
1st short press reset = switch to trip data 2 on main screen, if trip data 1 is currently displayed, enter menu if trip data 2 is currently displayed
2nd short press reset = enter menu
long press reset = reset current data on main screen (not all data)
And you could make the navi screen as an option in the menu itself, if someone wants to switch to navi.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  06 мар 2020, 15:15

Button combinations will not change. The button combinations are the same for all firmwares.
Aux Heat/Ventilation is not supported in ColorMFA.
And you could make the navi screen as an option in the menu itself, if someone wants to switch to navi.
You won’t believe how many people use navigation all the time. Switching through the menu is inconvenient.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
MiniDisc

Сообщение  14 мар 2020, 04:55

MiniDisc писал(а):
29 фев 2020, 01:24
Is it possible to add a special display value for a Golf 4 BiFuel (CNG)? I need display of tank level and system status from the engine CAN.
Thank you for the spontaneous and perfect implementation. Everything worked immediately as expected.

The required information can be displayed in 3 different areas.
1. Display Gas Level/Status in bottom or top area (if top area enabled).
menu -> Settings -> Design -> Main screen
2. Display Gas Level in middle main screen area.
menu -> Settings -> Trip computer
3. Display Gas Level/Status as bar graph on main screen. But in this mode not possible to display cruise control icons/speed.
menu -> System -> Debug -> Software -> Forcing -> Gas Level

My favorite will be the gas level / status bar.
Вложения
CNG-Mode disabled
CNG-Mode disabled
Petrol-Mode, waiting for switch to CNG-Mode
Petrol-Mode, waiting for switch to CNG-Mode
Active CNG-Mode
Active CNG-Mode
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  20 мар 2020, 22:45

I finally got my ColorMFA installed and I would like to point out a gimmick in the menu, which is the scrollbar on the right (see photo). Can this be removed, as it serves no real purpose, or, at least align it with the menu item selected? :D I will now start working on the overall overhaul of the menu to make it look and feel more professional, if that's ok with everyone and the dev. Thank you!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  20 мар 2020, 23:36

Have you ever used a scroll bar before ? It should not be opposite the menu item. Scrollbar is 100% of the menu items. The position shows which segment you are currently on.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  21 мар 2020, 00:13

I know how a scroll bar works. I just find it to be a gimmick in that menu, since we know we hit bottom page when we see “Back” or “Exit”, that’s why I asked if it can be removed or align it with the menu item to make it look better, since is not a very large page to scroll.
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  23 мар 2020, 11:41

Question about the navigation display: How does the ColorMFA know in what type of cluster is installed? My car had original color cluster, but I installed the ColorMFA in a monochrome one, to preserve my original cluster as it is. The navi will now show in monochrome mode? I haven't tested it yet and I won't be able to test in the next couple of days, that's why I'm asking here. Thank you!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  23 мар 2020, 12:27

The protocol for color mode and mono mode is different.
In Audi, the cluster is exchanged with RNS. And sends the identifier (mono or color) to the RNS at the beginning of the exchange. ColorMFA only parsing existing exchange. If you install kit to mono cluster - navi displayed in mono mode. If you install kit to color cluster - navi displayed in color mode.
ColorMFA supported "master exchange" for Audi (ColorMFA as master on the bus) and may emulate both mode (color and mono - user selectable). But in Audi clusters not possible to disable exchange with RNS (even if disable in coding). And two master device on bus is not work together.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  23 мар 2020, 12:38

Got it. Thank you! I will have to sacrifice my original color cluster, if so. Only if I find the monochrome mode ugly, though. :D
Later edit: Is it possible to include the 'Clima' and 'Steering wheel' sections from 'Debug' menu into the main menu? I would like to see how HVAC works without entering Debug each time. Thank you!

Later edit:

Can cornering light function from ColorMFA be made to work only at night, based on the info from the light sensor?
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
lipmar1789

Сообщение  31 мар 2020, 17:57

Hello. It is possible that at the bottom of the main screen when the car stops the fuel consumption from l / 100km changed to l / h as it is done in the center of the screen?
Изображение
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  01 апр 2020, 13:41

Is it possible to include the 'Clima' and 'Steering wheel' sections from 'Debug' menu into the main menu? I would like to see how HVAC works without entering Debug each time.
You are sure what it really need ?
I think Clima screen may be used 1-2 times per year. At the beginning of the summer (for checking pressure).
Or if you have problem with climate system.
Steering wheel.... I think this screen can also be used 1-2 times per year. During camber and wheel alignment procedure. Or if you have problem with steering sensor.
Can cornering light function from ColorMFA be made to work only at night, based on the info from the light sensor?
Sorry, currently is not possible.
It is possible that at the bottom of the main screen when the car stops the fuel consumption from l / 100km changed to l / h
I'll try to change it for display l/h.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  01 апр 2020, 16:58

All good with cornering lights. I've tested with PWM and it works fine. I also tested with fog lights turned on via light switch and no error appears while I turn the steering. If you could add an option to work based on light sensor signal, it would be great.

Later edit: Also, can you adjust the angle at which cornering light turns on? While I tested it today, I noticed it turns on at the slightest turn of the steering wheel and, if I turn left and want to put the steering straight and I overturn a bit to the right, the right fog turns on as well. And if I pull it back to center, but overturn a bit to the left, the left one turns on again :) Thank you!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  02 апр 2020, 09:55

Condition to turn On: steering wheel angle > 30°
Condition to turn Off: steering wheel angle < 10° for 2 sec.
I think is a normal values.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  03 апр 2020, 18:30

You think you can make so that when the car is 'OK' and has no warnings to display at the bottom, instead of the OK text to display fuel range, for example? Like in this photo. It would be nice to show other info when there are no warnings. Thank you!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
r3nzoll

Сообщение  03 апр 2020, 21:01

mmgherasim писал(а):
03 апр 2020, 18:30
You think you can make so that when the car is 'OK' and has no warnings to display at the bottom, instead of the OK text to display fuel range, for example? Like in this photo. It would be nice to show other info when there are no warnings. Thank you!

I like that idea :) +1 :good:
https://www.youtube.com/hawkmusicofficial
https://youtu.be/skMCLbkR2i0 - My cluster transformations, retrofit
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  04 апр 2020, 00:56

I'll try to add.
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  04 апр 2020, 14:25

autopilot писал(а):
04 апр 2020, 00:56
I'll try to add.
NICEEEE! Thank you!
Can you also make so that, when there is no input in the menu for more than 10 secods, for example, to go back to main screen? This is useful while driving, when you are in a distant submenu to not scroll and find the 'Back' and 'Exit' buttons to go back to the main screen. Thanks!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  04 апр 2020, 16:57

Use menu->Parameters->Other->Menu timeout
This options does not work on screen where need to long time display values without any key press (Gauges, Diagnostics, Graph, e.t.c.).
mmgherasim
Контакты:

Сообщение  04 апр 2020, 17:58

That's good enough. You shouldn't do diagnosis while driving, anyway and you can do one step back from gauges, graphs etc. and then wait for the menu to go away itself. It's ok. Thanks!
AUDI A4 B7
2.0 TDI quattro BPW
ColorMFA on Color FIS
Ответить