Brake pad error

Interface and features

Все вопросы о внешнем виде и функциях ColorMFA
All questions about the appearance and functions of ColorMFA
Ответить
w8what

Сообщение  09 ноя 2018, 03:31

My Passat W8 has sensors to warn of brake pad wear (when the wire in the pad is broken due to wear.)

Since I have aftermarket pads that do not have this wire, I used VCDS to disabled the warning. (This was before I had the ColorMFA installed.)

After having the ColorMFA installed, it always displays the brake pad error, even though I verified with VCDS that it should still be turned off.

Is there any way to make the ColorMFA honor the cluster setting to not display this error? Or is my only solution now to hard-wire the connectors at the wheels with jumper wires?
2003 Passat W8 6-speed sedan, black. ColorMFA installed by "Clusters By Litke."
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  09 ноя 2018, 18:56

ColorMFA does not check settings in dashboard.
You have 2 way:
1. Input of brake pad warning -> short to GND.
2. Disable this error in hidden ColorMFA menu.
Enable "Debug" mode: Go to Screensave, very long press "Down", on lower left corner displayed "debug_on"
Go to menu->System->Debug->Software->Errors-> uncheck BrakePad
Disable "Debug" mode: Go to Screensave, very long press "Down", on lower left corner "debug_on" is disappeared
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
w8what

Сообщение  10 ноя 2018, 02:14

Thanks. Turned it off in debug mode.

By the way, in debug mode, the "St Wheel" screen reads backward. I turn the wheel left, the display wheel turns right, and vice-versa. Is that a bug? Doesn't bother me since it's just debug info, but wanted to mention it.
2003 Passat W8 6-speed sedan, black. ColorMFA installed by "Clusters By Litke."
autopilot
Контакты:

Сообщение  10 ноя 2018, 18:34

I turn the wheel left, the display wheel turns right
Yes, I know.
Добавьте данные об автомобиле в подпись (профиль -> подпись). Чтоб не спрашивать постоянно... :)
Please add info about your car to you signature (profile -> edit signature). To not ask every time... :)
Ответить